• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Trillian

Caz

TRIBE Member
Just started using this, any ppl here use it?
My friend here at work has been bugging me for so long I finally opted to try it instead beating him until he pisses blood.

Its not bad thus far. i dont mind the look/feel, and MSN's decision to add all kinds of useless bloat to 7 ("winks" anyone? no? let's shake each other's screens and scribble with the mouse!!) makes it an easy switch.

The only thing i havent figured out yet is how to change your msn screen name from trillian, as of now I have to log out, log onto msn, change the name, then go back to trillian.

Anyone?

(alex if this belongs in the g33k lair sorry, I was more after opinion than help)

MoFo

TRIBE Member
I think most people stopped using it as there are limited options.
Haven't touched it in years since it started to get really fucked.

MSN USURPED!

Flashy_McFlash

Well-Known TRIBEr
Trillian was great when there were more than three people using ICQ, but now that that's over, I don't really see the point.

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

Caz

TRIBE Member
yes the only advantage i can see so far is the lack of bundled spyware and bloated crap (MSN)

Caz

TRIBE Member
Flashy_McFlash said:
I'm curious, what kind of memory footprint does the newer version of Trillian leave, as opposed to MSN?
Im cant remember exactly but i think somewhere around half if you're using basic

Eclectic

TRIBE Member
If you want to change your MSN display name just click on your MSN icon where you set your away status...it has a "Change Display Name" option.

I still use it as I hate MSN...but like chatting to all my friends who use it.

:D

JOSHB

TRIBE Member
starr said:
google talk, if at all

although lately i've been using messenger more (it's quite popular)

Google talk is the shit. I love the "Call" feature for pranking friends.

Caz

TRIBE Member
Eclectic said:
If you want to change your MSN display name just click on your MSN icon where you set your away status...it has a "Change Display Name" option.

I still use it as I hate MSN...but like chatting to all my friends who use it.

:D
*thumbsup*

bArHo

TRIBE Member
I have no other option than to use Trillian because for some really weird ass reason my computer doesn't recognize msn anymore.

boooooooooooooooo.

deevah

TRIBE Member
been using trillian for many years now
love it

only issue i have with it is it sometimes doesn't update ppl's msn display names/pics

bitchass

TRIBE Member
I stopped using Trillian and switched to GAIM can't remember why I stopped using Trillian but it probably had to do with even it getting too bloated as well.