• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Tribe Ultimate League Summer 2002!!!

dj_jake_the_snake

TRIBE Member
It is getting to that time of year again. School is nearing an end and Summer is on its way. Last year the tribe ultimate frisbee team was formed and was very successful for its first year in commission. I recall many good times in the sun followed by even better times at the bar :) Anyone interested please respond here or if you are afraid to post send me an e-mail at

bscottdickson@hotmail.com

We have lost our captain as he has moved far far away and another one of our members has gone on to achieve a much higher status in ultimate. Tina (Kix) has gone on to play varsity girls ultimate at her university and may even play on a touring team this summer when she gets back from Thailand (if she's still going?). Good luck to both of you.

That being said we need returning players to hurry up and get involved and for all those new players interested to please speak up soon.

The cost for ultimate for the summer is as follows:

$45 dollar individual registration payment which is done at www.tuc.org

and a $350 dollar team deposit which works out to $30 extra per player (divided by 12 players). This money is paid to your captain as he puts it on his already overused credit card. so please pay soon so i don't get stuck in debt.

Ideally we need 6 men and 6 women to play so hopefully there is interest and action equally from both sexes.

If you are wondering who is captain well I have decided to take the wheel only because nobody else has. I don't consider myself a boss I only want to play with the great tribe guys and gals in the hot sun of 2002.

Hope to see you on the field in tribe blue :) Cheers...

Last edited:
Stop Bill C-10

~Loress~

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Temper Tantrum
When does the season start? If it's starts in july I'm all voer that =)

~allie~

PS Brian, Chrissie says hi :p

yea but Brian just sent me an email saying:

two goals are that nobody shows up to the games drunk this year and nobody gets arrested at ultimate social events

Where's the fun in that? ;)

~Lori <-----triple amaretto shots and wings before Ultimate say wha????

Temper Tantrum

TRIBE Member
LOL

No lori, we know NOTHING about triple shots before a game. Does that really mean alchoholics are out? Damn how the fuck does tina play? :p

~allie~

~Loress~

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Temper Tantrum
LOL

No lori, we know NOTHING about triple shots before a game. Does that really mean alchoholics are out? Damn how the fuck does tina play? :p

~allie~

haha...nevermind Tina! HOW THE FUCK DOES JOEY PLAY????

~Lori <---wonders how I even made it thu the season...lol

Last edited:
tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

dj_jake_the_snake

TRIBE Member
jeeeesus christ! :) save the drinking for after the game! and save many drinks for me! cmon now just remember "you can't get no love, without using the ultimate glove"

dj_jake_the_snake

TRIBE Member
alright so vinder, finch, maybe mcbee, and malglo are interested. good to hear.

returning players for sure for sure are myself and his craigness. future updates i'll post here...

joey

TRIBE Member
one of the best things about last years team is the amount of people that came outr and supported us...

that was even nice

Sukebe Jiji

TRIBE Promoter
nice things about last year:

1- being called the "deep man"
2- driving in with lori listening to euro
3- Watching Jo intimidate the other team
4- Giving Brian the wedgie to end all wedgies after one of the games
5- Drunken Joey completing maybe 1 pass for an entire game
6- Joey sacfricing his body during games
7- GAME FACE and everything about Game Face's game.
8- Playing to hhc
9- Our cheers - and non-cheers for teams that we almost got into fistacuffs with
10- meeting new people

I will stop at 10 for the sake of space. :)

SNAP! Ultimate is fun.

MoFo

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by MoFo
Lori and I nominate OURSELVES as the Ultimate cheerleaders.

I think this year I'm going to choreograph a routine with Vinder, Lori, me and the sheep for the sidelines instead of throwing it around. Booty house or Oakenfold? Hmmm...

exergo

TRIBE Member
hmm

i am interested..i havent played in over 2 years...but it shouldn't take too long to get back into it.....and i have always wanted to play in a league......and i am moving to toronto in may....

where are the games...i have no car

what the schedule like?

~Loress~

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Sukebe Jiji
nice things about last year:

1- being called the "deep man"
2- driving in with lori listening to euro

SNAP! Ultimate is fun.

Awe yeaaaaa!!!! Our drives were the best, so much fun!!! Windows down, euro blasting (and the occasional breaks)! :D

~Lori <---misses her singing partner!

OTIS

TRIBE Member
I'd love to join but my shoulder still cries itself to sleep after that bodycheck I received last season.

Non-contact my ass.

OTIS

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by ~Loress~

Pffft! WIMP! :)

~Lori

Yesss, and?

I don't remember much from that day, but after i got hit i remember looking up and seeing this..

angrydude.jpg

Yes, I sketched him out.. it's part of my theraputic recovery process.

~Loress~

TRIBE Member
^^^ lol

well you at least have to come out and support! It was nice having people out to watch us last year! :)

~Lori

dj_jake_the_snake

TRIBE Member
Re: hmm

Originally posted by exergo
i am interested..i havent played in over 2 years...but it shouldn't take too long to get back into it.....and i have always wanted to play in a league......and i am moving to toronto in may....

where are the games...i have no car

what the schedule like?

games will most likely be held on the same day as last year (tuesdays)

we are going to play in the South East quadrant this year and our home field will be riverdale park (gerrard and broadview).

we play once a week for 16 weeks. go to one tournament and then have playoffs.