• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Tribe Techno Room Party?

OhNo!

TRIBE Member
Why the hell not,Tribe does board parties right?Why don't we do our own damn party?We have enough djs who would probably lend their talents for free ie me,plus there is enough people to attend to make it a great night.Am I being stupid?what are your thoughts?

OhNo!

TRIBE Member
BBB and techno party go hand in hand,I know you'll be there.Yet about 20 other people have viewed this thread and obvioulsy could care less.Looks like its just me and you;)

oddmyth

TRIBE Member
Great idea, I've been doing this for the past year and a half, its just called Deep Forest Grooves and it happens in Guelph.

;)

odbx

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

Destro Sanchez

TRIBE Member
couldn't care less??

because we read a post and don't have anything to say other than, "I'd hit up the party", we don't care.......

ha! good one curt.

destro
(just like everything else in life, if I have the time, money and the desire to attend, I will be there)

db

TRIBE Member
I'm game. Aside from contributing musically I'd gladly help with some of the logistics... :)

OhNo!

TRIBE Member
i think you have the idea twisted D,they idea was for all of us to get involved,djs,possible venues etc. etc. etc.

OhNo!

TRIBE Member
possible djs

curt martin
stewart douglas
l train
eric lork
sarah mixington
tommysmalls
engine
athur oskan live pa

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

BigBadBaldy

TRIBE Member
I actually might have an avenue on a *free* newly renovated fancy lounge venue with a full set-up.

*MIGHT*

..but it probably won't be available for a month or so.

I'll look into it.

JGirlP

TRIBE Member
Ok where do you want to throw it? Someone's place or at a club? I like Courvoise, that was a really nice little place. How much would it cost us or would they just take the bar? Any other ideas?

Who wants to do the door or would we even charge. There was no charge at Courvoise, I liked that. Besides, I hate doing the door, I must dance, but I will share responsibility with someone else.

When do you want it to go down, next month, say the second Friday night of February as in Friday the 13th?

Ok, now who wants to do Fliers or email invite? Any takers?

Who wants to make plans, time, place, slots etc, with the djs we want to approach? (live pa's included) Any takers? I know five, maybe six. Do we want all techno or would we welcome a cool Electro cat into the mix?

Ok so do we have this ship moving or what? Let's hear some responses...not just "yeah I'll be there", although that is cool if that's all you're willing to do but if you want to help, then offer to do something. Ok speak up.

OhNo!

TRIBE Member
I think it should be a private affair tribers,close friends no off the streeters.invite only.

musork

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by OhNo!
possible djs

curt martin
stewart douglas
l train
eric lork
sarah mixington
tommysmalls
engine
athur oskan live pa
so where is all the out side of toronto talent here thats on this board... like
todd smith
naw
just to name 2 ;)

JGirlP

TRIBE Member
Ok so count me in guys, I'm up for doing serious work to make this happen. I think it's a fab idea Kurt......

OhNo!

TRIBE Member
shit of course Todd, I was just throwing some names around,todd seemed a little bitter;) as long as that asshole gives me my shirt back:)

BigBadBaldy

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by tEkKiD
i liked that Courvoise club too.... but hey if BBB might have a spot thats cool too :)
The restaurant I work @ (xacutti) is in the process of opening an upstairs lounge with a full DJ setup. My boss is good friends with the Boa Redux people and is trying to set up the space properly (sound and gear wise) to possibly attract DJs there from Boa for pre and after parties.

Anyway, it's not open YET but will be in the next couple of weeks. I'll talk to my boss and see if he'd be down with doing me a favour.

Courvoisie is cool too.