• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Tribe Foto Challenge: Ghost Punch!

acheron

TRIBE Member
Ok so I know there are a bunch of weirdos with digicams here on Tribe. So here's a challenge: Ghost Punches.

You know that yabba-yabba-yabba face where you relax your jaw, open your mouth and shake your head back and forth so your chin lags a bit behind the rest of you... very entertaining for young children and small animals. And, if you capture it with a camera at the right moment, it looks like you've been punched in the face by an invisible hand. Examples:

Let's see some Tribe Ghost Punching! And no, I don't mean donkey punching although if anyone takes a picture of that, post them anyway.

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

OTIS

TRIBE Member
I have about 20 or so photos of a group of us doing it in a bar in Korea. Voytek won't permit me to post em though.

OTIS

TRIBE Member
Wait till I get home.. I got some gold I tells yah. I'll have to blur out Voytek the pussyclot however.

zoo

TRIBE Member
Carter said:
I recently picked up this mixed disc by Kiki on bpitch control. It`s a new series and the cover has Kiki with a ghost punch. They got the idea when Ellen Allien saw an exhibit by Axl Jansen.

boogy bytes!

awesome disc!

Eclectic

TRIBE Member
I've got a bunch of these at home as well.

WARNING!!! Be cautious if you have been drinking heavily as some people are prone to head spins and possible violent vomitting after attempting these poses.

:D

Time to bug the guys at work and see what I can get for right now though.

acheron

TRIBE Member
solacevip said:
Just set your digicam to a highspeed shutter....right? I'm gonna try....
yep like 1/500th or 1/1000th if you have the light ... 1/250th would do it in a pinch.

acheron

TRIBE Member
farking awesome. I've printed this one out 14"x14" for my show opening next Thursday at the Gladstone:

acheron

TRIBE Member
May 4th. Second Floor. Me and 9 other shooters. It's gonna be awesome. It's costing me a bundle (framing and processing) but it's worth it to get the stuff out there. I checked out the space on Tuesday night - really nice.

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

Metal Morphosis

TRIBE Member
spent the night at the Gladstone on Friday and had a fantastic time.
We stayed in the Lehtinen Lodge and it was super... comfy bed and soft sheets.

We made sure to check out each floor for the photo/art exhibits and had the pleasure of seeing some of your stuff in the flesh Hamish. Love that Ghost Punch.

i found some of Parker's pieces to be interesting but... somewhat disgusting... i'm sure you know what i'm talking about.

Anyway - it was so nice to spend some time in another enclave of Toronto, especially one that's up & coming - with all the little artsy shops on West Queen West. Maybe we'll make it an annual event to spend a night there, i'd love to try a different room next time.