• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Tribe Flashback 1994!

MoFo

TRIBE Member
Alex!
My coworker was cleaning out his desk and he just handed me a copy of Tribe, ISSUE 9 from 1994 with him on the cover. A lineup of DJs like Dave Campbell, Mikey Mike, Matt C. and Dj James St. Bass (my colleague).

Mint condition.
Totally funny.

Getting nostalgic. I wasn't even born yet! :D

kmac

TRIBE Member
Up yours! I had already retired from partying at that point.

And I loved James St. Bass and his radio show!

MoFo

TRIBE Member
What's also funny kmac is that my other coworker just said "Jesse (Saved by the Bell) was on CSI last night. She played a sket who killed a guy with her high heel by stabbing it through his jugular vein..."

Today is looking up.

Caz

TRIBE Member
MoFo said:
What's also funny kmac is that my other coworker just said "Jesse (Saved by the Bell) was on CSI last night. She played a sket who killed a guy with her high heel by stabbing it through his jugular vein..."

Today is looking up.
That was sket-tastic

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

Flashy_McFlash

Well-Known TRIBEr
MoFo said:

Today is looking up.
That is an awesome episode.

"I'm so...so...scared!"

MoFo

TRIBE Member
kmac said:
Up yours! I had already retired from partying at that point.

And I loved James St. Bass and his radio show!
Dj James St. Bass says:

Hello! I have never 'posted' before! But Sunny let me in! Too bad CIUT didn't have computer show archives in my day, but you can probably still access some shows I did on 1groove.com or I show up sometimes on Medicine Muffins' show on CKLN--Rinse out on Sat nites. Listen in! St. Bass......

Boo

TRIBE Member
I was in grade 10 and listening to Metallica and Nirvana/Pearl Jam.

My techno phase had passed along with AM680 and later AM640.

Flashy_McFlash

Well-Known TRIBEr
Boo said:
I was in grade 10 and listening to Metallica and Nirvana/Pearl Jam.

My techno phase had passed along with AM680 and later AM640.
Same here, though not so much Metallica and Nirvana as B.I.G. and a young, unknown rapper named Snoop Doggy Dogg.

acheron

TRIBE Member
Some interesting 1994 tidbits (according to Wikipedia)

June 17 - NFL star OJ Simpson and his friend Al Cowlings flee from police in his white Ford Bronco. The low speed chase, which unfolds live on television, ends up at Simpson's mansion in Brentwood, Los Angeles, California, where he then surrendered to police. Went on to create the quote of his famous glove, "If it doesn't fit, we must acquit." Spoken by Johnnie Cochran.

July - The planet Jupiter is hit by twenty one large fragments of CometShoemaker-Levy 9 over the course of six days.

July 2 - Assassination of Colombian soccer player Andrés Escobar in Bogotá

November 8 - Georgia Representative Newt Gingrich leads the United States Republican Party in taking control of both the House of Representatives and the Senate in midterm congressional elections, the first time in 40 years the Republicans secured control of both houses of U.S. Congress. George W. Bush is elected Governor of Texas.

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

alexd

Administrator
Staff member
MoFo said:
It says here that Alex's bday rooftop party is coming. :)

This is so cute.
That was a great party! My squeeze at the time Sabrina baked me a cake with aa picture of a hot girl on it (she looked better though)!

And there was this guy who made chainmail bikinis for some models I had there! OMG!

And Peter Tyrone and Shams played it along with Kevin Williams! It was on the roof of Whiskey.

tobywan

TRIBE Member
MoFo said:
Alex!
My coworker was cleaning out his desk and he just handed me a copy of Tribe, ISSUE 9 from 1994 with him on the cover. A lineup of DJs like Dave Campbell, Mikey Mike, Matt C. and Dj James St. Bass (my colleague).

sugar

TRIBE Member
Sometimes I wonder what happened to all the people I used to party with in that era. The people I thought of as "big ravers" or who everyone in the scene seemed to know.

The Truth

TRIBE Member
MoFo said:
Dj James St. Bass says:

Hello! I have never 'posted' before! But Sunny let me in! Too bad CIUT didn't have computer show archives in my day, but you can probably still access some shows I did on 1groove.com or I show up sometimes on Medicine Muffins' show on CKLN--Rinse out on Sat nites. Listen in! St. Bass......
You were one of my fav djs at the time..I still have those tapes!

alexd

Administrator
Staff member
MoFo said:
Dj James St. Bass says:

MoFo you should ask him about the time I freaked him out by bring Ten City to his radio show - it was their last pablic appearance together as Ten City.

(for those of you who don't know who Ten City is and enjoy house music get their greatest hits CD it is a classic)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ten_City

natureboy

TRIBE Member
I have a James St. Bass tape from the day after the Eon/Mr.C rave at Scooters Roller palace. (also the night the Jays won the world series)
And i still remember the joke James told at a warehouse party when the power went out.
Q: What do you call a gay dinosaur?
A: Megasaur-ass!

Great memories man, thnaks.

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders