• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Tribe Down?

ian

TRIBE Member
Has Tribe been going up and down like a yo-yo over the past few days? I know it isn't just me :confused:

Cannabis Seed Wedding Bands

D1Willow

TRIBE Member
Snakes on a plane! It's been takng forever to load up and log on for me, but after the initial 5 minutes or so all seems fine.
Maybe the internet gods are mad at Alex for banning the venue.:p

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

LeoGirl

TRIBE Member
I've been subject to doing actual work. I demand this gets rectified before my boss gets any ideas about how productive I really can be.

alexd

Administrator
Staff member
I am looking into it. Normally the board slows down in the early morning once a day while the server backs up the messageboard database, compresses it, and saves it.

I suspect it is our web server (which is nearly 5 years old now) which is struggling to keep up with the traffic and all the options on the new board software. I built a new database server last year which is plenty fast but now it is time to replace the web server. Or it could be something minor like having to restart apache.

alexd

Administrator
Staff member
I think I may have found out what caused it... We were deluged by a huge number of spiders and bots crawling the site and the utility I have in place to monitor them may have been overwhelmed. I disabled it and the server seems happier.

m0ff

TRIBE Member
alexd said:
I think I may have found out what caused it... We were deluged by a huge number of spiders and bots crawling the site and the utility I have in place to monitor them may have been overwhelmed.

158036254_16e8f6883d.jpg