• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Tribe Dad thread!

Woody

TRIBE Member
will they let us in anywhere that server alcohol with the wee ones?

Should I start a roll call and we can choose a time and date there?

Sounds like a Saturday afternoon would be best for everyone...

agentRC4

TRIBE Member
A tribe dad and kid gathering would be cool. For me it would have to be a weekend though or in June I think I am going to take some vacation when the second is born.

When in June? Our second one is due around the 28th.

Not that I know any of you, but I'd be down for a get together. Summer time on the island would be good.

Hopefully I'll get the chance to meet some of you on Sunday.

agentRC4

TRIBE Member
will they let us in anywhere that server alcohol with the wee ones?

Should I start a roll call and we can choose a time and date there?

Sounds like a Saturday afternoon would be best for everyone...
For the most part yes.

Wiseman

TRIBE Member
Our second is due end of may actually.

If we meet at a restaurant environment I'm not sure if I could come as Grace is impossible in those situations. I'd be more inclined to do it at someones place. I'd be down to host when it gets warmer. I'm down on harbourfront with a pretty big place right across from a gigantic park.

Also, airshow bbq on my roof will definately be on at the end of the summer.

tribe magazine legacy photo exhibit

khemistry

TRIBE Member
Our second is due end of may actually.

If we meet at a restaurant environment I'm not sure if I could come as Grace is impossible in those situations. I'd be more inclined to do it at someones place. I'd be down to host when it gets warmer. I'm down on harbourfront with a pretty big place right across from a gigantic park.

Also, airshow bbq on my roof will definately be on at the end of the summer.

sounds like a good plan, why don't we try BBQ on a nice place like Centre Island or at the beach on the warmer weather.

girlnextdoor

TRIBE Member
yay dads and dads-to-be

so, i'm going to crash the dad thread for a minute because i am so in awe of the dad-to-be in my life.

i am 6 months pregnant right now and was doing really well with all the emotional stuff up until a couple weeks ago where i felt really sad and overwhelmed and anxious. i talked about it with my husband and he said all the right things and was totally there for me when i needed him. this totally put everything into perspective and made me feel so much better.

things he said that helped a lot:
"you are not in this alone"
"i'm there for you whenever you need me"
"tell me how i can make things better for you"
"you look incredibly beautiful to me"
"you are going to be an amazing mother"

things he did:
cooked me a yummy + nutritious dinner
ran a warm bath for me
gave me a massage
rubbed my feet

i know that the guys in this thread are really awesome dads and dads-to-be so i just want to reiterate that all those nice little things you did/do for your partners are TOTALLY appreciated and noticed.

khemistry

TRIBE Member
Does anyone of you dad's have your kids skiing or snowboarding?

My son is turning 3 in May I want to start him in snowboarding? any advice.

agentRC4

TRIBE Member
invest in a hoola hoop. Will make you life easier. Kid holds on the the front you have it from behind. Makes it easier for you to control.

Be patient very patient with your kid. If he get fustrated, upset becasue he;s not getting it. Don't get upset yourself, he won't want to go again. Try and make it an enjoyable day not just the snowboarding.

tribe magazine legacy photo exhibit

ScottBentley

TRIBE Member
not a Dad, but maybe have him try skiis first so he can get used to the speed and balance of going down hill. Also, when he does fall they'll detach from the boots making it easier for him to get up and it's probably safer. :)

khemistry

TRIBE Member
I was at Blue yesterday for my weekly runs and happen to talk to one snowboarder dad who's with his 5 yr old kid. He told me that he started his kid at the age of 3 and on snowboard not ski. Then he told me to get a leash which will help him control his speed and turns.

I was thinking to put him on lesson first, then he'll get the idea and get to know the basics out of it.

agentRC4

TRIBE Member
as soon as the kiddies can walk you can put them on skis/snowboards.

Fun is the most important thing at their age.

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

djglobalkiller

TRIBE Promoter
sounds like a good plan, why don't we try BBQ on a nice place like Centre Island or at the beach on the warmer weather.
we had a tribe rib cook-off bbq at hanlans point again during the airshow.. a few tribers, it was great, food was great, weather was great, and it was kid friendly, (just avoid the nude beach),

hamish can attest to it!

kennyboy

TRIBE Member
Well, my wife and I are now proud parents of a beautiful baby girl.

Emma Grace - 7lb 2oz

My wife delivered on Monday after a short (5 hour) labour. Unfortunately Emma hasn't quite figured out how to breastfeed so we ended up back in the hospital yesterday as she was losing too much weight and her sodium levels were too high.

24 hours later we're back home and trying a combination of techiques (breast & finger feeding) but at least she's eating and gaining weight.

After 41 weeks of waiting, I can honestly say it was well worth it. My life will never be the same again.

Cheers to all the moms & dads on the board.

:)

agentRC4

TRIBE Member
congrats!

my second daughter is due June 28.

Once the weather gets better, I'll be down at Ash Bridges bay with the kiddes. Can't wait!

xtcfreak

TRIBE Member
Went to our first ultrasound yesterday... pretty fucking exciting watching the little whipper snapper moving around and kicking.

We were hoping to find out the gender, but we were actually a little farther behind then what we originally thought.

Two weeks for next appointment. :)

Jay