• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Tribe Dad thread!

khemistry

TRIBE Member
my little girl just turned 3, is this event worth it? Who has gone before? Pros and Cons?
My son is turning 3 in five months. The show is on everyday at 4pm on Treehouse cable channel 65.

Usually when the show is on I have a half an hour break from my son to do what I have to do at home.

I'm pretty sure she'll have fun.

Wiseman

TRIBE Member
Grace turned 2 in october. We took her last year and although she was a little overwhelmed there was still fun for her. I think a 3 year old would have a blast. It is totally fun as a grown up as well being in a club with good music with your kid and being around other like-minded parents.

Totally worth it!

agentRC4

TRIBE Member
Yeah, i'm totally going to get tickets for me and the little princess. Mom's getting the day off.

can you check your stroller?

tribe magazine legacy photo exhibit

Wiseman

TRIBE Member
Not sure about the strollers I don't remember at all. I think we just walked in with Grace but I think they probably have something setup.

agentRC4

TRIBE Member
My daughter's name is Hannah, so if you see a dad running after a girl screaming "Hannah stop" or " Hannah don't push boys" that's me.

Aerius Zension

TRIBE Member
I don't see anywhere on that link that Yo Gabba Gabba will be present. I see Yo Gabba Gabba fun, that he's the sponsor, and surprises, but nothing that says he'll be there. Sorry to nitpick.

Wiseman

TRIBE Member
Not sure either although it does say there will be lots of yo gabba gabba "surprises" throught the event. As well as dancey dance lessons. Also there will be a dance battle between aliens and robots!

Antoher great part of this event is the swag bag. There was a ton of good stuff last year!

Wiseman

TRIBE Member
Here is an update we got last week by email:

Bunch Family Dance Party Outer Space UPDATE:
There's a problem.
The Robots and the Aliens at the party do not get along. And they will be working out their differences in an epic Dance Battle that you and your kids can watch or take part in.
Are you rooting for the Robots, or the Aliens?
Here is some of what else will happen:
* Save an alien planet! * Learn to do the robot from robots! * Dance with
your family! * Make intergalactic art in a room where everything glows! *
* Fend off attacks from giant bouncy meteors! * Hang with DJ Fase *
* Meet an astronaut * Explore strange extra-terrestrial landscapes *
* Try a green slushy drink * Have Yo Gabba Gabba! fun! *
* Decorate rocket ships that you can play inside of!*

The entire Outer Space crew, including MC More or Les, Monica, DJ Fase, Vaneska, the Aliens and the Robots (who are some of the best b-boys and b-girls in the country) and Yo Gabba Gabba! can't wait to hang out with your bunch on February 1st.

SolChild

TRIBE Promoter
I don't see anywhere on that link that Yo Gabba Gabba will be present. I see Yo Gabba Gabba fun, that he's the sponsor, and surprises, but nothing that says he'll be there. Sorry to nitpick.
I just wanna know if Biz Markie will be there to show kids "Biz's Beat of The Day"
doubt it.

cosmosuave

TRIBE Member
Terrible 2's Decline of the Parental Unit

Our son is 21 months old and has reached that Jekkyl and Hyde phase known as terrible 2's... My wife sez toddler in Spanish means tyrant I call it Terrible 2's Decline of the Parental Unit... The mood swings are crazy and I find my patience waning at times... Never had this issue with my daughter...

How are you guys dealing with it?

Wiseman

TRIBE Member
Our daughter is the same. It's tough. My best advice is if there are two parents around and one of oyu is getting frustrated is for the frustrated one to walk away and take a break.

And as far as your little one, breaks for him as well. When Grace has a fit about something that is over the top we can usually convince her it's a good idea for some alone time and she will go to our bed and watch a show and settle down.

The worst is when they get it in their heads that they want something you simply can't give them (knife, something delicate, a party) and you can't convince them to go for something else.

All tantrums end though and sometimes there is little you can do except to wait it out. Toddlers are emotional and I think sometimes their brains are actually ahead of their ability to communicate.

khemistry

TRIBE Member
How are you guys dealing with it?
My son Quincy Jay is 32 months all the daycare teacher is always calling him an angel with his behaviour at daycare. It's hard sometimes for us to believe because as soon as he gets home from daycare he act's like a loose canon.

He ask and want to play with the not to play stuff. I'm usually on the start of giving him a time out but still not getting into his head.

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

cosmosuave

TRIBE Member
He ask and want to play with the not to play stuff. I'm usually on the start of giving him a time out but still not getting into his head.
Same thing here... Orion will drag a chair up to the sink or stove and will want to play... This happens when I want to cook so it makes things that much harder... I love his enthusiam but it is at the wrong times and dangerous I'll try to distract him with something else which will work sometimes and then I just give in and say fuck it...

Best to let it roll off my back and enjoy the good times with him as he won't be this age for long...

bunch

TRIBE Member
Yo Gabba Gabba! at Bunch party

Not sure either although it does say there will be lots of yo gabba gabba "surprises" throught the event. As well as dancey dance lessons. Also there will be a dance battle between aliens and robots!

Antoher great part of this event is the swag bag. There was a ton of good stuff last year!
Hey Wiseman and Tribe Dads,

Just wanted to let you know that barring a FedEx disaster, Brobee will be at the party on Sunday to dance with the little Gabbers.

Colm

TRIBE Member
My son is 13 months old and has now decided to emulate Mussolini, but without the spaghetti making and with extra violence. He's a big lad for his age, he knows it, and he uses it when he doesn't get what he wants.

It's taking some getting used to.

Woody

TRIBE Member
are there any other dad's on Parental leave right now?

Maybe a tribe dad and kid gathering for coffee or some such thing?

Wiseman

TRIBE Member
A tribe dad and kid gathering would be cool. For me it would have to be a weekend though or in June I think I am going to take some vacation when the second is born.

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders