• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Tribe Dad thread!

Wiseman

TRIBE Member
OK so the girls have a couple of threads talking about babies and getting all the parenting attention. So this is the thread for the guys to get some attention and talk about experiences of fatherhood.

As many of you know I recently became a father of a beautiful baby girl thanks to an amazing woman. It really is the best thing that has happened to me and although it is a lot of work and a little bit scary I can't wait for everything that comes with it.

So mom is going for a well deserved dinner and perhaps a little time at footwork and I am all alone with Grace. She poops, pees, throws up, and cries but still I can't get enough.

KillaLadY

TRIBE Member
awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww
I checked that link you sent me... OMG, cuttest ever.

can you answer your damn phone though?
ok.thx.bye.

OwenThomas

TRIBE Promoter
Congrats dude!

I was kinda hoping there was gonna be some dad bashing in the tread.......I dislike mine......alot.
I recently took on my Mothers maiden name in homage of my Mother, and to get rid of my dads name.
Owen Thomas sounds better anyways.

tribe magazine legacy photo exhibit

ian

TRIBE Member
I will be back in this thread on Monday for a full report!

Anyone else think Sage looks kind of like a handsome hobbit above?

ian

TRIBE Member
Dude, Cori is over here in a bikini and a party hat screaming "it's his mutha-fucking turn" and rocking out. I wouldn't count on her being home for a while. Hope you can lactate.

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

Fairie

TRIBE Member
ian said:
Dude, Cori is over here in a bikini and a party hat screaming "it's his mutha-fucking turn" and rocking out. I wouldn't count on her being home for a while. Hope you can lactate.
And here I thought you were visiting mommy while I'm studying my ass off at home. I should have known... :p

Genesius

TRIBE Member
Ok, well in light of the intention of the OP.

Being a dad has been exciting, exhausting, overwhelming and a joy.

We've got another one coming in November -^that pic is a few months old.

Hey congrats to you and your wife on a beautiful healthy baby girl. It's automatic initiation into the dad's support group where you can share your joy's.... and your griefs, like: reduced sports watching, reduced night club having, music listenin', beat makin' and many other selfish interests...

but it's wayyyy worth it. :)

Rataxès

TRIBE Member
Being a dad is great. It has its challenges but the reward is worth it. The only problem I've found is that there are a *lot* more resources and support available for moms versus dads. Sure, the drop-ins and playgroups are for kids, but when you're the only dad in a room full of women talking about their episiotomy you will get the feeling you're not wanted on the voyage.

Take lots of pictures - they really do grow up fast. My guy is 16 months and I can barely believe that he used to be a 'baby' just over a year ago.

xsre

TRIBE Member
I know there are so many groups and such for mummies, but good on ya for being a caring and involved daddy-o, Rataxes.

junglisthead

TRIBE Member
being a dad is awesome

it hurts when you work long hours though, as all you can think of is the little one and what they are doing

ive been dead tired, between being a father and working alot of overtime, but its well worth it, when i look into her eyes