• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Tribe, can you help?

thom100

TRIBE Member
I have a little bit of mystery on my hands, I'm trying to spread the word as far as I can. Maybe Tribe can help with clues.

The gist: I was out taking some photo's in Stanley park in Vancouver and found a discarded SD Card in a place where it wouldn't accidentally be lost. I figure the camera was probably stolen and card tossed.

The images on the card are of a retirement aged couples trip around the world. They make a stop in to Toronto before heading to the east coast. It looks like they rented bikes and went cycling around Etbicoke.

Have a look at the album, if anything or anyone sparks a lead, pass it along.

https://www.facebook.com/thom.hamilton/media_set?set=a.10153409911540122.1073741830.709350121&type=1

Klubmasta Will

TRIBE Member
p.s. that's great that CTV picked up the story. it will be interesting to see if you find the mystery couple.

someone on the CTV site wrote: "The photo metadata should contain the serial number of the camera. Find that and then you can find the owner."

would that work?

thom100

TRIBE Member
I have the serial number, it is a lead. But a long shot. I'll have to contact Nikon to see if they can tell me where in the world it was purchased. Then if I'm lucky the couple bought a warranty, or purchased it with a credit card.

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

Boss Hog

TRIBE Member
Yeah, how can we be sure these pics were meant to be put online when there's no pics of feet in sand, or their silhouette against a sunset, or pics of food?

thom100

TRIBE Member
The reality is I have no clue how this will play out. It could be that the couple is diligent with backing up their data and the card isn't even missed....or maybe the entire trip has been lost to them. I guess only time will tell.

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

I_bRAD

TRIBE Member
I am pretty sure:

return of priceless pictures > maintaining privacy by not having pictures on Internet
Well as long as you're sure. The owner of the pictures might think differently.

For all you know it was an Al-Qaeda scouting mission.

lucky1

TRIBE Member
I hope they get their pics back! G tends to back our stuff up if we take a laptop, but for more remote destination who carts around a laptop all the time?

thom100

TRIBE Member
If anyone is interested the couple has been found and the card is going back to its owners. The story all came together and they were found just outside of Perth, Australia.

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

Psyrel

TRIBE Member
That's great news! They must have been so surprised & grateful to know it was found and that you made such an effort to track them down.