• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Tresor - after the wrecking ball...

grit

TRIBE Member
that's some pretty depressing shit.

does anyone know why exactly the club was shut down? from pics that i saw, the club seemed to be still pretty successful.

ian

TRIBE Member
I believe that it wasn't actually that rocking these days. Got a bit of a boost when they annouced it was closing, but otherwise it was pretty much done a few years back.

Humanjava

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by grit
that's some pretty depressing shit.

does anyone know why exactly the club was shut down? from pics that i saw, the club seemed to be still pretty successful.
Condo's

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

tEkKiD

TRIBE Promoter
Originally posted by ian
I believe that it wasn't actually that rocking these days. Got a bit of a boost when they annouced it was closing, but otherwise it was pretty much done a few years back.
i heard some guy from toronto visited Tresor recently and booo'ed all the dj's. The dj's got terrible upset, the crowd got upset and threatened "close the muther fucker down or we'll burn the house down"

:p

Humanjava

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by tEkKiD
i heard some guy from toronto visited Tresor recently and booo'ed all the dj's. The dj's got terrible upset, the crowd got upset and threatened "close the muther fucker down or we'll burn the house down"

:p
hint!

slidelife

TRIBE Member
tresor actually is looking for relocating their club in barcelona. they maybe want to be present in both cities. they have an office in barcelona already and they work together with advanced music (sonar festival).

barcelona - berlin.... great mix!!!

Humanjava

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by slidelife
tresor actually is looking for relocating their club in barcelona. they maybe want to be present in both cities. they have an office in barcelona already and they work together with advanced music (sonar festival).

barcelona - berlin.... great mix!!!

Ya that would be double tight. I believe the new Tresor place is an old hydro electric plant/building somewhere on the east side of Berlin. I could be wrong about specifics of course.

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders
tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

kaniz

TRIBE Member
in refernce to ripping down clubs/bars/theaters/etc to put condos up.

(I'm just sick at the number of new condos popping up all over TO, its out of hand and annoying)

tommysmalls

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by kaniz
in refernce to ripping down clubs/bars/theaters/etc to put condos up.

(I'm just sick at the number of new condos popping up all over TO, its out of hand and annoying)
better get used to it. only another 20-30 years of condo growth to go in toronto...

vveerrgg

TRIBE Promoter
apparently it might be at that E-work space after all. Or atleast according to this blog posting....

http://313tm.blogspot.com/2005/05/tresor-e-werk.html

Hi,

today i was at the old Tresor-Club and shot some pictures. On these pictures you can see the the destruction of the Tresor. I spoke with the crane operator and asked him when he destroy the holy room in the cellar. He answered me, it will be on may the 25th.

My second visit was at the new/old E-Werk. I hope it will be our new home in future. See the pictures without comments :)

"The Evidence Hall"

"The court yard"

"The Twirl Hall"