• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Trentemoller - The Last Resort

slingshot

TRIBE Member
Not what you might expect.

This is an artist album released by Trentemoller on Poker Flat.
It is a double disc and it is amazing.

The overall feel is downtempo, wide-screen-type glitchy, sub-bassy techno.
I can't wait for it to get retail release here in Montreal. I think it will hit classic status.

ss


p.s. this really should be in the downtempo or techno room.
 
Cannabis Seed Wedding Bands

coleridge

TRIBE Member
Yeah I bought the album on Beatport. It's fantastic.

Also worth checking out Mike Monday's album, also really diverse although really short.
 

biologik

TRIBE Member
slingshot said:
Not what you might expect.

This is an artist album released by Trentemoller on Poker Flat.
It is a double disc and it is amazing.

The overall feel is downtempo, wide-screen-type glitchy, sub-bassy techno.
I can't wait for it to get retail release here in Montreal. I think it will hit classic status.

ss


p.s. this really should be in the downtempo or techno room.

I agree, first CD is really downtempo. love the last track - miss you!
Cheers,
e
 

slingshot

TRIBE Member
biologik said:
I agree, first CD is really downtempo. love the last track - miss you!
Cheers,
e

Another album that I recently discovered, in slightly the same vein, Alex Smoke - Paradolia.

Nice work!

Looks like the artist album thing is coming back big time!

ss
 
tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

zoo

TRIBE Member
yeah it's alright, i didn't think it lived up to the hype though

i thought alex smoke's paradolia was much much better ..
 
tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

smack

TRIBE Member
his essential mix from last week is pretty interesting. again, lots of downtempo first hour, but builds in the second hour to clubby stuff. pretty good.

one of the best tracks on it is a dub version of Chris Isaak - Wicked Game
 

DEEPHOUSEGRL

TRIBE Member
I loved this shit. It's great to listen to when reading or during a long drive.

I'm interested to hear what he'll be playing at 99. Will it be suitale for the dancefloor? hmmmmm?!
 

MissBlu

TRIBE Member
DEEPHOUSEGRL said:
I loved this shit. It's great to listen to when reading or during a long drive.

I'm interested to hear what he'll be playing at 99. Will it be suitale for the dancefloor? hmmmmm?!

So agree with ya!

I too am wondering what to anticipate at 99, because if it is going to be as intricate as this album, I will need a lounge : )
 
tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

rentboy

TRIBE Member
wicked album...a few tunes really hit the spot:

always something Better
Take me into your skin (love the big live drums section near the end of this one)
The Very Last resort
 

rentboy

TRIBE Member
another album with the same type of vibe is Dextro's ' Consequence Music'.

worth a check. (Dextro produced a beautiful track on Border Comm called 'Do you need help?')
 

loopdokter

TRIBE Promoter
Peter Gun's (AKA Peter Juergens AKA 1/2 of Prawler) album on Millenium Records is quite wicked stuff too. Diggers has been hammering a few tracks from it.

Cheers,
J<
 
tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders
Top