• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, Toronto's largest and longest running online community. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register on the forum. You can register with your facebook ID or with an email address. Join us!

Tremblant or Mont Saint Anne??

Visual1

TRIBE Member
I have never been to either, and the GF and I want to go in the next few weeks. any feedback???

MSA= $276 2 nights and 2 days lifts
Tremblant $450 2 night and 2 day lifts

OutcastTO

TRIBE Member
The only warning I have for MSA vs MT is the MSA can get ridiculously cold so skiing is near impossible, while it is slightly milder in MT. Also I'm not sure about MSA, but MT is owned by intrawest and therefore is more likely to have far more amenities you may be interested in.

erika

TRIBE Member
I would recommend eastern townships, specifically mount sutton, over either of those; much less freezing, great skiing, good vibe (about 1 hour east of montreal).

Taro

TRIBE Member
I have done both, more than once, msa 2-3 times (but that literally nearly 5-7 years ago) and TB recently....(6-7 times)

maybe I'm biased, but I would love to check msa again - it was really different from what I remember (particularly because I was young and there was somewhat of a language barrier), but it was interesting.

Funzo

TRIBE Member
The riding is great at both (terrain wise). Tremblant had a better "night life" in my opinion. If you're going in the next couple of weeks I wouldn't worry about extreme cold/wind yet.

NemIsis

TRIBE Member
St. Sauveur. Just as pretty and not as expensive, They rip you off at Tremblant and St. Anne. The locals (my family) never go there.

synchronizator

TRIBE Member
OutcastTO said:
The only warning I have for MSA vs MT is the MSA can get ridiculously cold so skiing is near impossible, while it is slightly milder in MT. Also I'm not sure about MSA, but MT is owned by intrawest and therefore is more likely to have far more amenities you may be interested in.
why did this read out more complicated than it needed to be?

go tremblant, save the money and buy her a spa package or flowers or something... she'll love you for that...

catilyst

TRIBE Member
Visual1 said:
I have never been to either, and the GF and I want to go in the next few weeks. any feedback???

MSA= $276 2 nights and 2 days lifts
Tremblant $450 2 night and 2 day lifts
If you have the money, Tremblant. Get something with a kitchen and save even more, of course that argument works for either destination.

We went to both last year, and Tremblant beat Ste Anne for snow quality, villiage, nightlife, non-ski activities, travel distance etc. Tremblants villiage feels exactly the way it was designed and packaged to feel, a unique European mountain resort town. It sounds cheezy but it is fun, feels like an 'escape', and there's always something going on. Ste Anne's is much more low key, smaller, though relaxed. Great ski history museum. I found the area between Quebec City and Ste Anne to be fairly depressing.

We were at Tremblant in February during a snow storm, and Ste Anne in March, so of course the conditions influenced our experience. We liked so many runs at Tremblant, while Ste Anne we could tell had a real different approach to trail maintenance. For skiers or boarders used to Ontario a lot of Se Anne is really rough. Not much grooming at all. Sometimes you can really crave some corduroy at the end of the day, at Ste Anne, forget it.

The girl and I have had this discussion many times since - even though Tremblant is so much more expensive, and a little over the top in that way, we still preferred it for so many reasons.

That being said, coincidentally we were looking at packages at Tremblant a couple hours ago, and came to the conclusion we'll have to hold off a bit.

litespeed

Well-Known TRIBEr
I had a great time when i went to tremblant. rented a sick ass cottage there. less than a 5 minute drive from the mountain. brand new with all the amenities you could want. 4 bedrooms and slept 8-10 people.

zoom

TRIBE Member
Mont Ste-Anne without a doubt, big mountain, nice area, a lot less tourists, and not as artificial. Tremblant is so tacky and fake.

FoxyM

TRIBE Member
great thread - I was just doing some internet research on Tremblant a couple of days ago trying to figure out whether or not it would be worth going up there next week (they open on the 21st).

I've never been there in the winter - only camping in the summer and that was a very very long time ago.

DarkNemesis

TRIBE Member
Le Massiff all the way

its way better than Ste Anne or Tremblant!
althought Ste Anne opens this weekend and i may be going

Chris

Well-Known TRIBEr
videotronic said:
3 words

le petit caribou

game, set, match: tremblant
NICE!

dont forget a stop over in Montreal, doesnt look like Club Super Sexy was factored in your budget.

Funzo

TRIBE Member
If you're snowboarding or agressive freestyle skiing (I don't know what you kids call it these days), Tremblant's park* beats Ste. Anne's in size and hits/rails/sliders.
Tremblant can also afford to take better care of itself (blow more snow if needed, groom more often, have some faster comfier chairlifts) because it's owned by Intrawest. As for tourists, heaven forbid you had to interact with anyone but yourselves whilst on vacation.

*I know there's a few parks, but as with all resorts there's the one park that gets the most attention and upkeep.

lucky1

TRIBE Member
DarkNemesis said:
Le Massiff all the way

its way better than Ste Anne or Tremblant!
althought Ste Anne opens this weekend and i may be going
you really think so? I liked it but found it pretty basic. Don't think i'd do a weekend there.

Mt. St. Anne has the best riding. The gondalla is good too ;)

Tremblant has the whole "village" thing going on

Massive is the Tallest.

where to go depends on what you are looking for

OutcastTO

TRIBE Member
synchronizator said:
why did this read out more complicated than it needed to be?

go tremblant, save the money and buy her a spa package or flowers or something... she'll love you for that...

Maybe if you could read, you'd see that Tremblant is MORE expensive.

Variant

TRIBE Member
St. Anne has night riding.. so open till 10pm.. Tremblant closes at 4pm or something.

If its your first time you may like Tremblant more because as people have said, there's alot more there to do.. especially when the hills are closed and its still only 5pm.

St. Anne has more interesting runs imo and has way less people. Two key things for me.

catilyst

TRIBE Member
Ste Anne doesn't have night skiing untill the weeks of Christmas and New Years, then stops untill mid February.

j bunny 2000

TRIBE Member
I am definitely hitting up Tremblant this year. There is nothing like cute snowboard guys, hot tubs and booze! Snowboard season is the best:)

moose-meat

TRIBE Member
Another small factor to consider.

This is Quebec City's 400 birthday , and a TON of events are being planned.
We are there in early September, but I would imagine St Anne will be awesome from January on.

Check it out >> www.monquebec2008.com

Really , you cant go wrong at either place.