1. Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, Toronto's largest and longest running online community. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register on the forum. You can register with your facebook ID or with an email address. Join us!

travelling to US - passport question

Discussion in 'TRIBE Main Forum' started by Big Harv, Apr 8, 2010.

1. Big Harv

Big Harv TRIBE Member

does anybody know whether the US Dept of Homeland security enforces a policy of some other border agencies of other countries that they won't accept a passport expiring within six months from your date of departure/return even if it's still valid on those dates? i want to book a flight to the US later this month and my passport expires in june.

2. Dirty Girl

Dirty Girl TRIBE Member

we discussed this awhile ago in nobody cares. i think we came to the conclusion "yes your passport must be valid for more than six months after".
    so in short .... get a new passport before you leave.
    however it is possible that we came to the complete opposite conclusion. I cant really remember.

3. stargurl*

stargurl* TRIBE Member

Canadian visitors requre a document complying with the Western Hemisphere Travel Initiative for all air, land and sea entries. Unlike some other nationalities, as a Canadian, your passport need not be valid beyond the duration of your planned trip to the U.S. and it need not be machine-readable.

From the consular website

4. Big Harv

Big Harv TRIBE Member

Perfect - i prefer not to pay the expedited fee for the urgent passport renewal thanks!