• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, Toronto's largest and longest running online community. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register on the forum. You can register with your facebook ID or with an email address. Join us!

Travel Thread: Tips and Resources

KickIT

TRIBE Member
Ok, so I'm planning on doing a 2 week trek of Costa Rica and Panama in Feb or March. I don't want to do the resort thing this time and I'm most likely going to be travelling solo.

Has anyone done this before and have some good tips? Any good resources online for travelling around these parts? I've never really travelled alone before so I'm a little excited and a little scared. Any tips would be welcome.

*c*

ps. If you're travelling somewhere post your destination here to get some tips on your destination.

juice

TRIBE Member
You'll fit in just perfectly with the local jungle animals. I'm sure they can hook you up with a treetop to stay in or something.

KickIT

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by mingster
all this talk about travelling to costa rica...that's it! i'm gonna hafta plan a trip too.
You must. You've been my travel advisor for my last 2 trips. Must continue the streak.

*c*

ps. andrew: fuck off

KickIT

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by mingster
can i come with you? :p

(sorta not kidding :D)
I'd love to find people to travel with or at least travel part of the way with. Maybe hook up with down there and tour around for a bit. How bout I'll let you know what I'm planning to do (when I figure it out) and maybe we can coordinate something.

*c*

labRat

TRIBE Member
Costa Rica was the bomb shizzy.

i suggest the west coast, the surfing regions. avoid San Jose as it's inland and kinda crappy. The real rainforests are difficult to get to, but would be definitely worth it - I only visited the pseudo-rainforests (had all but one of the requirements).

Moe

TRIBE Member
I hear even though its dangerous.... Columbia I hear is awesome..... Cartagena has some great beaches....

Plus the yayo is primo and the chicas look like Shakira

juice

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by KickIT
You must. You've been my travel advisor for my last 2 trips. Must continue the streak.

*c*

ps. andrew: fuck off
My comment was only based on your Halloween costume. It certainly had nothing to do with drunk like behaviour where a person would go running around like an ape pushing people and growling loudly.

KickIT

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by labRat
Costa Rica was the bomb shizzy.

Is that a real picture? Its shit like that, that's driving my impulses to go there.

*c*

ps. andrew: shut up

labRat

TRIBE Member
yes - i took it at one of the natural hot spa places. fed by water naturally heated by the volcano a few miles away.

the colours are unreal how intense they are.

and you can actually see a couple in the background ... follow the river. the chick was smokin' hot.

mingster

TRIBE Member
does anyone have any resources for cheap(ish) tours of costa rica.

any websites that you know of that are good? labrat?