• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Transgendered man 5 months pregnant, he says

Krzysiu

TRIBE Member
that's getting into eugenics and morality and I refuse to have an opinion other than to give that discussion a wide berth.

Cannabis Seed Wedding Bands

k-grant

TRIBE Member
Well, from that standpoint, you could say this discussion had some eugenics subtext from the outset so interesting that you're bailing now.

Krzysiu

TRIBE Member
I'm not bailing.

I don't see any reason why this couple can't carry the baby to term. And even if it does come out with some - how to be tactful? irregularities? no, but you know what i mean - it doesn't necessarily mean that it was because the carrier was undergoing gender reassignment. He might be an excessive lover of atlantic salmon? who knows, there are so many variables with pregnancy.

I think the fact that its a male-identified person carrying the child is interesting as a curiosity like "hey, how about that?" but it doesn't reflect what kind of parent he'll be once he gives birth. How can we glean that from the articles?

As for people not having children based on the chances of inheritable conditions, that's for the people with the ability to pass those traits on to consider and their responsibility. If I presented a high risk of MS or something the like in my future child, I would definitely consider those factors before conceiving. And even then when taking all the health risks into consideration, there is so much left to chance due to our lack of incomplete understanding biology so it really is a gamble.

I'm not in a position to say that people should or shouldn't have children, I'm not a doctor. I just think people should be educated about the risks and responsibilities that reproduction entails.

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

Krzysiu

TRIBE Member
We sacrifice some of our civil liberties to the state when we accept their influence into our lives. Yes, the state shouldn't have any affect on our health unless they're interjecting on our behalf.

How far we are willing to allow them to influence us is the debate.

MoFo

TRIBE Member
Krzysiu said:
How they raise the child after its born is a completely different matter and there is no strong evidence that shows the sexual orientation or gender identities of the parents will benefit or hinder the child's emotional growth.

Beat me to it.

There is no evidence that suggests gay/lesbian parents are any worse or better than heterosexual parents.
In fact, a study was done not too long ago and they concluded that it's pretty much the same: all over the place.

Karim

TRIBE Member
k-grant said:
My mother has asthma and guess what, so do I. Does this mean she shouldn't have had kids. An unhealthy baby is a risk of any pregnancy regardless of the persons gender identity.

Why couldn't the transgendered persons wife have the child instead? The whole fact that they went to a sperm bank together, and chose him to carry the baby makes this story smell like a publicity stunt.

MoFo

TRIBE Member
I haven't read anything else other than that article.
Though I don't disagree with this person having every right to have a child, I personally think this is a little fucked up (if this story isn't a hoax).

This world is too full of babies that don't need to be here.

I'm with the "straight guys" on this one. Just like slow adults shouldn't be having children, certain people should just live their lives and do their thing. And NOT have kids. Like hick cousins who fuck each other. Or poor families in India. Or single parents with no fucking money.

STOP BRINGING KIDS INTO THIS WORLD THAT AREN'T GOING TO HAVE A GOOD LIFE.

And yes, I'm gay. And yes, my kids are gonna have a fucking awesome life. I can only WISH I had gay parents. But to think that I have three eyes cuz my transgendered dad/mom wanted to break medical and social barriers? Well, thanks a lot asshole.

The Kid

TRIBE Member
MoFo said:
I haven't read anything else other than that article.
Though I don't disagree with this person having every right to have a child, I personally think this is a little fucked up (if this story isn't a hoax).

This world is too full of babies that don't need to be here.

I'm with the "straight guys" on this one. Just like slow adults shouldn't be having children, certain people should just live their lives and do their thing. And NOT have kids. Like hick cousins who fuck each other. Or poor families in India. Or single parents with no fucking money.

STOP BRINGING KIDS INTO THIS WORLD THAT AREN'T GOING TO HAVE A GOOD LIFE.

And yes, I'm gay. And yes, my kids are gonna have a fucking awesome life. I can only WISH I had gay parents. But to think that I have three eyes cuz my transgendered dad/mom wanted to break medical and social barriers? Well, thanks a lot asshole.

word the fuck up!

Krzysiu

TRIBE Member
well, if the child is going to be a cause celebre, it'll affect its development.
Children don't enjoy being paraded around as examples - loads of attachment issues develop, social anxiety, etc.

Celebrity -tuplets can attest to therapy bills later in life.

Karim

TRIBE Member
Krzysiu said:
the article said the female-identified of the couple was infertile.

Either way, it's just common sense that human hormones are a very delicate natural process in development. And this person clearly has elevated levels of testosterone that no nursing parent should have. Testosterone also HEAVILY impacts estrogen levels in the human body and sends them out of whack. All I'm saying is "this can't be good". If it turns out ok, they got lucky. The risk alone should be reason enough not to have a child. They should have adopted.

k-grant

TRIBE Member
Well hats off to you for taking a bold pro eugenics stance mofo!

Not really sure what the third eye comment is all about. Is this suddenly a thread about the fish on the simpsons?

MoFo

TRIBE Member
Booty Bits said:
oh shut up sunny.

Haha.
If you were a slow adult, I would tell you not to have a kid. In fact, I would tie your tubes up myself.

TOO MANY KIDS in this world who are FUCKED. Seriously.

I don't have a dog cuz I can't walk it. That's called taking responsibility for your life.
People shouldn't have kids if they're going to be fucked up.

k-grant

TRIBE Member
Wow, some people in this thread seem awfully confident that their "common sense" is a legitimate medical opinion.

You do realize that doctors go to school for minimum four years and use something called "science" rather than "common sense"

MoFo

TRIBE Member
Haha. Now I'm really confused.

I don't even want to tell you what I thought when I read this article. And reread this article. And reread it again.

Haha. I'm such an idiot.

Nevermind. As long as this baby is not gonna be fucked up by all the shit she injected in the past, go for it. I'm all for transgendered parents!

EDIT: he.

Last edited:

Krzysiu

TRIBE Member
common sense is a powerful tool in critical assessment. you don't need to consult a meteorologist to know when its raining.

I think its interesting that the man hadn't menstruated in 8 years. You think that the hormone therapy and disuse of the female organs would have the uterus wall atrophy. Apparently not.

I wonder if he took fertility drugs in addition to stopping the gender hormone therapy to aid in insemination.

k-grant

TRIBE Member
Mofo, your understanding of genetics seems rather rudimentary. I went to elementary school with a girl who had two deaf parents, both were born that way. They had four kids and all four children had perfect hearing. Even if one or all children had been deaf, does this mean that their lives would not have been worth living?

Bottom line, "slow" parents does not necessarily equal "slow" child. "normal" parents does not necessarily equal "normal" child.

Unfortunately, there's no reliable prenatal way to predict who will be "fucked up". All a crap shoot really.

As for what a great parent you'll make, i shudder to think what kind of a parent you would be toward a "slow" or otherwise disabled child.

MoFo

TRIBE Member
k-grant said:
Mofo, your understanding of genetics seems rather rudimentary. I went to elementary school with a girl who had two deaf parents, both were born that way. They had four kids and all four children had perfect hearing. Even if one or all children had been deaf, does this mean that their lives would not have been worth living?

Bottom line, "slow" parents does not necessarily equal "slow" child. "normal" parents does not necessarily equal "normal" child.

Unfortunately, there's no reliable prenatal way to predict who will be "fucked up". All a crap shoot really.

As for what a great parent you'll make, i shudder to think what kind of a parent you would be toward a "slow" or otherwise disabled child.

Shudder all you want.

There's room for all kinds of people. I never said anything about my own children. That's a totally different topic cuz I'm not a female and I'm not doing shit to my body. If I had a child with tons of health complications or a child that was a person living with a disability, I would love it just the same. But if I was a crack mom, I think you'd change your tune, no?

And my understanding of anything except Full House reruns is rudimentary.

I just listened to an interview with a small-town comedian who is the only non-slow one in his family. Both his parents are slow adults, his siblings are all slow but he turned out "normal." And he said that he was a miracle. So I just made an assumption. I don't even really know what a "slow adult" is as he was the one who called it that. I've never heard this term to be honest until this interview.

I don't know anything about the genetics of deaf and HOH parents but I've always assumed deaf/HOH parents don't necessarily have a higher chance of having deaf/HOH children, right? Help.

And Liz can tell me to shup up all she wants. She knows I've been wanting children for a long time. Doesn't mean I'm going to have them. If I had a child now on my own, yeah my friends and Tribe would be all ga-ga over it but they'd all talk behind my back about how it's the most irresponsible thing I could do right now.

Hell, if I bought a big dog, people would freak out due to the space I have and the lack of effort I would put into caring for that beast.

Last edited: