1. Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, Toronto's largest and longest running online community. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register on the forum. You can register with your facebook ID or with an email address. Join us!

Transfomer: War for Cybertron!!!!

Discussion in 'Technology' started by MOD ONE, Jun 23, 2010.

1. MOD ONE

MOD ONE TRIBE Member

Who got the game it's has to be the best transformer game to date.

2. vaca loca

vaca loca TRIBE Member

I picked it up today. Only finished the first chapter so far but loving it!

3. MOD ONE

MOD ONE TRIBE Member

I'm almost done the Decepticon's campaign, and you're in for a treat with awesome gameplay and story. Once I finish the game I'm moving onto the online mode. Playing as all the old school transformers is so awesome!!! The controls to the game is pretty sweet as well. I have ran into some frame rate issues, but nothing that kills the game.

4. lobo

lobo TRIBE Member

Can one still pick up this game for $40? Two Best Buys I went to were sold out. :(

Lobo

5. MOD ONE

MOD ONE TRIBE Member

I don't think so, but good luck. I brought the game at full price. Me growing up watching the transformers I couldn't resist a game like this. My buddy is picking up the game this weekend, and we are going to play the game coop styles online... should be some fun times!!!

6. MOD ONE

MOD ONE TRIBE Member

Omega Supreme boss battle is pretty intense. I made it through the whole Decepticons campaign and all I have to say is Megatron is such a bastard, but very relentless. Just started the Autobots campaign and playing as Optimus is so cool. At the moment he is not Optimus Prime, but the whole Autobot campaign shows you how he gets to be Optimus Prime.

7. Aerius Zension

Aerius Zension TRIBE Member

Serious? This sounds awesome!

8. MOD ONE

MOD ONE TRIBE Member

I'm really happy the way the game turned out. I don't know if it's the transformer nerd in me and the way everything is put together. It's not a slow starting game as well. It gets you right into the action. Just learning what caused this whole war with the transformers is worth the pruchase IMO. Like it said in the IGN review Hasbro has made this the official story before the cartoon.

9. MOD ONE

MOD ONE TRIBE Member

Man I didn't want the story to stop!!! I just finished the game... blew through it in 3 days lol. I did play it on normal mode, so I have to give hard a try to see if it makes it a little harder. I find some of the boss fights where a little to easy IMO. Over all a must have game for any Transformer fan out there. No other transformer game can touch this one. When you finish the game it opens up a game mode called Escalation where waves of enemies come at you, and you can play this game mode with friends online. Talk about a game being packed with a lot of stuff to do. I will be doing the online campaign mode with my friend so if anyone with a Ps3 wants to join hit me up with a PM tomorrow.

10. glych t.anomaly

glych t.anomaly TRIBE Member

i need to get this.

[jai]

11. MOD ONE

MOD ONE TRIBE Member

Anyone up for some Transformers?

12. MOD ONE

MOD ONE TRIBE Member

Well I was wrong when you finish the game you open up 2 characters you can play with in Escalation mode, so everyone gets that mode no matter if you finish the game or not lol.... which makes sense.

I have been playing a lot of escalation mode at the moment, and having a blast with it... to bad there's only 2 maps to play on. It's pretty cool how it works, so basically there is you and 3 other players on the map. All of you have to work together to beat waves of enemies. When you kill enemy you get points which you can spend on in game to get up grades, health and ammo. It gets pretty intense when it gets around wave 6. If you die you don't respawn until the next wave, so that will leave you team a man down if you do die. However a teammate can heal downed solider to give you a chance to stay alive.

13. MOD ONE

MOD ONE TRIBE Member

Well played my first team death match yesterday and it was actually a lot of fun. I have chosen the class of scientist. They start you off with the basics meaning no up grades to start off with. To get upgrades you have to play Death matches to gain levels that will open up different upgrades. I mange to get up to level 4, so I did open up some options. You have the option to make 4 different characters so you can switch it up when you play. Me and my buddy are addicted to Escalation I mange to make it to wave 14, and it gets so insane.

14. Aerius Zension

Aerius Zension TRIBE Member

Bloody hell, there's a multiplayer option?

15. StarvinMarvin

StarvinMarvin TRIBE Member

wow this sounds awesome

16. MOD ONE

MOD ONE TRIBE Member

Oh yeah in a big way as well. You can play the whole story online with a 2 other friends, Escalation and a whack load of competitive modes to play. Like I said before there is a lot of content in the game.

17. Seeing the Multiplayer part of this on this morning's X Play review sold me on this. I'm picking it up.

18. MOD ONE

MOD ONE TRIBE Member

I love the fact that they made the whole game multiplayer, and transfomers is the perfect game to be multiplayer because most of the cartoon they always worked as a team. I want to see with the next one how they can expand it a little more.

19. Eclectic

Eclectic TRIBE Member

Just picked this up today because I actually had some money burning a hole in my pocket.

Completed the first Decepticons chapter.

Fun so far.

20. MOD ONE

MOD ONE TRIBE Member

When you're ready for some online action give me a heads up. It's my fav online game at the moment, so I play it a lot lol.

21. lobo

lobo TRIBE Member

Well I ended up getting it for my birthday today. :D Just started playing the first Decepticon mission and it looks like loads of fun. Still getting used to the controls but I can't wait for tomorrow to play some more.

Lobo

22. MOD ONE

MOD ONE TRIBE Member

23. Eclectic

Eclectic TRIBE Member

Just finished the Decepticons campaign....now onto the Autobots!

24. MOD ONE

MOD ONE TRIBE Member

Well Transform and roll out MOFO!!!

25. MOD ONE

MOD ONE TRIBE Member

Been beefing up mu characters in competitive multiplayer mode. I was mainly working on my scientist. I got him to level 7, and got a perk that lets me disguise myself as a player on the other team, which is a blast lol. I just transform in to my jet fly over get nice and close to the action kill someone and try to make an exit. Once you hit someone from the other team you show your true colours. Also the scientist has a healing device so I will also stay with the group reviving them so we last longer in battle and rack up the kills. I played it for a while yesterday and once you start gaining perks it becomes really fun. I also got my scout up to level 3. The scout has the ability to cloak and is really good for doing stealth attacks. You also have a perk that lets you put down fake ammo as a booby trap.