1. Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, Toronto's largest and longest running online community. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register on the forum. You can register with your facebook ID or with an email address. Join us!

Transcoding blu ray .mk4 to xbox 360

Discussion in 'Technology' started by Arkane, Oct 6, 2010.

1. Arkane

Arkane TRIBE Member

I'm looking for some good software that will easily and quickly transcode 1080p movies for me for playback on a USB External HD for my Xbox 360. Currently I use Vuze to transcode 720p movies and streams wirelessl fine but my Wireless G router can't keep up with the bitrate of 1080p movies. I tried transcoding 1080p movies to the external drive with Vuze and a couple other programs and they playback fine for about a minute on the 360 until the 360 gives me an error that it can't play the file. Do I just need to stick to 720p movies with the Xbox? The 1080p movie did look really good for the minute it did play.

2. videotronic

videotronic TRIBE Member

you can probably find a cheap N router for like $50 or $60

3. Arkane

Arkane TRIBE Member

I need a program that will let me convert 1080p movies without errors first. Like I said, when I converted one to my external hard drive and hooked that to the 360 directly, I got a playback error after a minute telling me the xbox couldn't play that format even though it played great the first minute, but plays the 720p converted movies fine. does the 360 not play 1080p movies well or what good software is there out there that will convert and allow proper playback. I've tried Vuze and Any Dvd Converter and RER Converter as per my google searches.

4. rawd

rawd TRIBE Member

Even with wireless N, I've never had success with streaming 1080p. 100% signal strength to the PS3 still chops up for me.

For transcoding, have you tried Handbrake

5. Eclectic

Eclectic TRIBE Member

I just ran an ethernet cord for my PS3 and I get seamless playback for 1080p.

It works that my PS3 isn't far from my router though.