1. Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, Toronto's largest and longest running online community. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register on the forum. You can register with your facebook ID or with an email address. Join us!

Traktor Scratch Pro question

Discussion in 'Electronic Music Producers Forum' started by Thrill_House, Mar 23, 2010.

1. Thrill_House

Thrill_House TRIBE Promoter

For people who are using TS in clubs or at partys my questions is this: lets say you were using traktor 2 cdj's and a mixer and the next dj after you was also using traktor and rather then switch over soundcards you both decided to use the same one how would you go about switching over the laptops without losing sound for the time it takes you to do the switch over? From what I understand even if you just want to play a regular audio cd on the CDJ the laptop still needs to remain on with traktor running in "audio through mode" and as soon as you turn of the computer or disconnect it all audio is lost.

2. possibledj

possibledj TRIBE Promoter

I'm 99% sure that if you put an audio cd on you can unplug the laptop. I have 100% seen people play CDJs through a traktor soundcard that isn't plugged into a laptop. I am just not sure if the act of unplugging the laptop would stop the sound for some reason. "audio though" is just there to prevent your audio CD from affecting the track that is loaded into that deck in traktor.

3. possibledj

failing that, you could always remove a CDJ from the soundcard and plug it straight into the mixer for the switch, and then just switch it back when you're set.

4. Thrill_House

Thrill_House TRIBE Promoter

I just went to try playing a cd with the soundcard unplugged to see if it would work, to make sure im not crazy, and it still doesnt work. The only way I could it to work is by running Traktor and having audio through mode running.

5. Kalemic

Kalemic TRIBE Promoter

Ok, I don't know if anyone can help me with this, but I'm feeling seriously retarded. In playlist that I've created, I can't remove tracks that I've added, it only allows me to delete (which I don't want). What am I missing?

6. possibledj

'delete' in that context is only from the playlist. It won't delete from your collection or HD.

7. Kalemic

Kalemic TRIBE Promoter

Wow, thanks. I definitely feel stupid about that, maybe I shouldn't try to figure things out when I'm hung over.

8. DoubleDown

DoubleDown TRIBE Member

Depends on which soundcard you have

Audio 8 - Audio 4 - and that one called Duo or something .. All need the laptop to remain on as Audio does not pass through the ins to outs on the soundcard without going through the computer first.. 1/2in and 1/2out is not connected directly through the box.

With the 2nd generation NI soundcards like the Audio 10 and Audio 6 have a "audio through mode" which means you don't need a laptop connected and the audio will pass through the ins to outs on the audio card itself.

9. coleridge

coleridge TRIBE Member

However, you need to maintain power to the soundcard at all time. So you'll need the external AC adaptor which doesn't come with the soundcard. It can be hard to find as most pro-audio stores don't carry them (a friend just went through looking for one).