• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Trainspotters unite...

deep

TRIBE Member
yeah, I typically use allmusic for everything other than electronic music.

I wish they'd incorporate in a reviews database in with the catalog information. I mean occasionally someone will put up a bio blurb or there will be user comments, but it'd be nice if it was completely like allmusic, except for electronic music

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

seeker

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by deep
yeah, I typically use allmusic for everything other than electronic music.

I wish they'd incorporate in a reviews database in with the catalog information. I mean occasionally someone will put up a bio blurb or there will be user comments, but it'd be nice if it was completely like allmusic, except for electronic music
ding ding ding we have a winner!

Their review system now (based on a scale of 5) is too arbitrary. Tell me why, dammit!

chipotle

Well-Known TRIBEr
discogs is not bad.

It gives you the information that you need.

who cares about the 5 star system??
you can hear the music yourself all you need is the info and I think discogs does a pretty neat job at giving you good general info.

rentboy

TRIBE Member
Discogs is amazing...

i've been using it non stop for a few years now to track down oldies...

Has aided me immensely.

deep

TRIBE Member
Projects like discogs always strike me as showing what's possible with the internet...the database is completely user driven, i.e. people are entering this stuff by hand using their own collections...kinda illustrates the vastness of this whole internet thing, including the part of it that is into electronic music

anyways...let's sing kumbaya

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

litespeed

Well-Known TRIBEr
there's another site I use as well that's pretty hype. I can't remember the name at for some reason.... it's got all sorts of music on it as well... and actual detailed bio for pretty much all the artists/labels... only problem is their database isn't as large.