• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Tragic Escallation: IDF artillery shells kill 7 Palestinians on beach. 14 dead in 24h

SellyCat

TRIBE Member
At least seven Palestinian civilians at a family picnic were killed Friday, when Israel Defense Forces artillery shells hit a beach in the northern Gaza Strip, Palestinian sources said. Some 40 others were wounded.

A woman and two young children, six months old and 18 months old, as well as a young teenager were among the dead, medical officials said. All of the dead were believed to be related.

The IDF apologized for the incident, saying it "regretted the strike on innocents."

However, IDF sources said that a preliminary investigation showed there had been no shelling from land or sea. IDF Chief of Staff Dan Halutz ordered an end to the shelling until the completion of an investigation into the civilian deaths. The military also offered assistance in the wake of the strike.

Major General Yoav Galant, head of Israel's southern command, said on Friday evening that the army is looking into the circumstances of the explosion. One possibility under examination is that an IDF shell strayed from its path, or that a work accident caused the explosion.

"It is not our intention to harm innocent civilians. We are investigating the incident in order to try to clarify what happened here," he said, adding that the IDF is aware of areas in which civilians are present, and that military gunners are ordered to prevent firing on these areas.

Defense Minister Amir Peretz also expressed his regret over the harming of innocent civilians, and promised to investigate the incident.

"We don't seek to fight against the Palestinian people, only against terror," Peretz said.

About a month ago, shortly after Peretz took office, Haaretz reported that he was reconsidering the army's use of artillery strikes on Gaza because of concerns that the harm it caused to Palestinian civilians was too great. However, after a visit to the southern command, he decided to continue his support for the policy.

Palestinian Authority Chairman Mahmoud Abbas condemned the killings, calling the incident a "bloody massacre."

SOURCE There is more about the other seven deaths that were the result of targeted killings (assassinations).

This, in addition to the assassination of Abu Samhadana means there will be a lot of blood spilled soon.
 
Last edited:

man_slut

TRIBE Member
As discussed in another thread... this is a prime example of why these "targeted assassinations" are wrong.

I was skimming through the radio this morning and there was this pro-Zionist announcer who was comparing Palestinians to ants whom Israel keeps stomping out and they keep coming back. Totally demonized and unhamanized a whole country! This was a radio show taking donations for the war on terror in Israel! Spouting pure racism and the callers were buying it! Her guest was a policy analyst who wasn't pleased with her remarks.
 

SellyCat

TRIBE Member
man_slut said:
As discussed in another thread... this is a prime example of why these "targeted assassinations" are wrong.

I was skimming through the radio this morning and there was this pro-Zionist announcer who was comparing Palestinians to ants whom Israel keeps stomping out and they keep coming back. Totally demonized and unhamanized a whole country! This was a radio show taking donations for the war on terror in Israel! Spouting pure racism and the callers were buying it! Her guest was a policy analyst who wasn't pleased with her remarks.
This wasn't a targeted assassination, it was a supposedly errant artillery shells (or series thereof). Airborne missile are MUCH more accurate than artillery. The IDF fires artillery into Gaza when Palestiniean militants lauinch missiles from there.
 

man_slut

TRIBE Member
SellyCat said:
This wasn't a targeted assassination, it was a supposedly errant artillery shells (or series thereof). Airborne missile are MUCH more accurate than artillery. The IDF fires artillery into Gaza when Palestiniean militants lauinch missiles from there.
SO they use less acurate weaponary to target the enemy in urban centres? Very telling!
 
tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

man_slut

TRIBE Member
This paragraph sums up how I perceive Israel's actions (I could have paraphrazed but this paragraph does such a good job):

Israel kills with purpose. Following the rise to government of the hard line Hamas movement to the Palestinian government, Israel is optimizing on the US led campaign to bring a full collapse of the democratically-elected Palestinian government, by killing on a daily basis of what the world's media has sadly accepted as "targeted assassinations." There is a clear political agenda in the latest round of Israeli attacks. Israel is begging for Hamas to react in kind by breaking its one sided truce that Hamas has held for over a year, despite Israel's continued provocations

Link
 

SellyCat

TRIBE Member
man_slut said:
SO they use less acurate weaponary to target the enemy in urban centres? Very telling!
Different weapon, differend affect.

The artillery fire is meant to deny the enemy missile-launching crews the geography they use to fire at Israeli town, as well as pressure the civillian population into not accepting the actions of those who put them in danger. It's the same as what the Palestinians are doing. Exactly the same.
 

man_slut

TRIBE Member
SellyCat said:
Different weapon, differend affect.

The artillery fire is meant to deny the enemy missile-launching crews the geography they use to fire at Israeli town, as well as pressure the civillian population into not accepting the actions of those who put them in danger. It's the same as what the Palestinians are doing. Exactly the same.
So you're saying that both acts of bombing are diplorable and should be halted by both parties?
 
Top