• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Traffic light question

TRO

TRIBE Member
so like I've heard this theroy in other places and I've tried it myself that if you flash traffic lights with your high beams at a rapid pace the signal will trip and change to green (emergancy vehicles have this ability) I ask this because last night on the cab ride home the driver did it and I wonder if it is real or what...and tribe is known for being upfront and knowladgable on everything...and what they (the tribe collective) say goes

so is it true or is it some big traffic fable

-Bill

deep

TRIBE Member
probably not, but my dad sure as hell uses flashing highbeams effectively to irritate other people

Klubmasta Will

TRIBE Member
those would have to be pretty fucking good light sensors to pick up high beam flashes that are not even pointed at the sensors.

*flashes high beams at dj tro*

Balzz

TRIBE Member
I think a few cities in the US use IR sensors that detect transmission from emergency vehicles.

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

sugar

TRIBE Member
Well, emergency vehicles are forced to go through red lights all the time, so if their flashing lights don't work, why would your high beams?

Jeffsus

TRIBE Member
You can see the sensors on the lights at some intersections. They are set off by a flashing strobe which you can usually see flashing on the tops of firetrucks when they come near such an intersection. It is a very high frequency strobe, I doubt you could work the headlight-knob fast enough to have any effect, even if your headlights had enough intensity.

Hehehe, I said "headlight-knob".... Pure gold!

-jM
A&D

Spiritual_Thang

TRIBE Member
u can trip an early left-hand advanced light by keeping your wheel over the small hump in the left-hand turn lane, located about 3-4 car lengths behind the line.

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

Humanjava

TRIBE Member
ever notice the strobe lights on the top of emergency vehicles. THose are tuned to a specific frequency and are at a certain hight so they can hold a light green well they rush through.

Flashing you highbeams would have not effect for two reasons. One its not bright enough and two you could not flash them at the specific rate.

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

HybridTheory

TRIBE Member
only place i've seen traffic lights set up like that is in Sauga, on top of the light there is a sensor that will pick up flashing lights ( strobe lights on a firetruck/ambulance ) and keep the light green

AdRiaN

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by DJ TRO
so is it true or is it some big traffic fable
A lot of people believe it to be true because whenever you flash your high-beams and the light changes, you assume the trick worked ... but when the light does not change, you assume there must be no sensor.

OhNo!

TRIBE Member
ya i also hear that there's like this spot somewhere in toronto right,like its near a train track right? and if you like put your car in neutral like at the track,these kids right, that died in a bus crash right?like they're ghosts now right,so if you like stop your or like put it in neutral right,the like ghosts of the kids will like push you across right,so like no one ever like dies again.