• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!
14K Cannabis seed slider pendants by tribe

Trading Spaces

statira

TRIBE Member
I don't know why, but i love this show, and probably watch it almost every day. Does anyone else love it too? Who is your favorite designer? I love vern and gen...plus i love seeing the homeowners reactions at the end of the episode....anyone else a trading spaces fanatic?

ang:)

cristal

TRIBE Member
Now that I am off on maternity leave and bored out of my mind because junior has not appeared yet, I watch this show every day. I totally love Vern and Laurie. I think the best part is when the people come in and see their room totally ruined and you can see them mentally figuring out how much it will cost to put it back to normal. hehe

joey

TRIBE Member
ya its the best when they dont like it....

the old guy with glasses (sooo gay).. ya i hate him a lot

SpinSugar

TRIBE Member
um hi......trading spaces is the best show ever. although i hate paige- bring back alex! and vern is the best designer. i need him to decorate my whole house. but frank sucks ass. i know.....i'm obsessed. i used to watch it every day when my work schedule was different.

plur......sugar

tella

TRIBE Member
i love vern. i have never disliked anything he has done to date. genevieve also does really nice things as well. i always love how she personalizes things with pictures of the homeowner's children or whatever.

hilde is insane. girlfriend put hay on someone's walls. HAY!!! doug is a prick. love the episode where he covered up the fireplace after the homeowner pleasded with them to not paint it and at the end she was in tears. laurie does cute stuff sometimes..i find she's very hit and miss. can't stand frank..he's much too country for my tastes.

Tribe 14K gold cannabis seed slider pendant and chain

teknikal

TRIBE Member
i got hooked too!

frank is just crazy, like, who would want a mermaid on their wall?

vern is most consistant in creating rooms i wouldn't mind having, except for that bedroom where he put a big clock on the wall made out of candles.

the rest are pretty much equal with me i think.. or maybe i'm just not observant enough to really see the way each one of them differentiates themselves from the rest.

and yeah, alex > paige, although paige is growing on me.

Roo-Babes

TRIBE Member
whoot whoot

I love Trading Spaces! Cept they need to make some new episodes, I keep seeing the same ones over and over again. The carpenter guy is coolio...I forget his name

oops

~Lauroo

jellibeen

TRIBE Member
Vern and Genevieve are awesome, Laurie as well, although she's not as good lately as she used to be. Hildi's crazy, what's wrong with painting walls? Gluing hay or fabric on the walls, that ugly tent thing she did. Frank's not my style, although if I was to be on the show, I'd love to work with him. Dez was the worst, though style wise. Not crazy about Doug, although I liked that basement he did first season. Paige is growing on me, she's really good with handling negative reactions and not as screachy as she was in the beginning.

twiggy

TRIBE Member
ha, my bf leaves the room when this show comes on
saturdays are the best, its like episode after episode

my summary

vern - as stated above . . . the best!
hilde - i can't stand that wench, wtf is up with painting graphs on hardwood floor and walls?
frank - cute old man, so he has wacky designs??? i don't think he's gay, he talked of his wife on one episode
lauri (the one with red hair) - her designs are ok, but her attitude makes me cringe, she thinks she's so perfect
paige - cute and funny, good host
alex (old host) - can't stand her, she puts down everyone

and i agree, new shows are a must!
triple repeats are a bit boring!
god i need to get out . . . LOL
yay summer

j bunny 2000

TRIBE Member
i am a trading space addict!!!

I luv geneives designs and vern !!! Frank is super creative but not really my style. I like the episode when he turned the bassement into a Hawiaan kareokee bar. Don't like some of dougs stuff but some is okay....i don't think he takes into consideration the needs of the homeowners sometimes. Hildy is crazy and complelely unfunctional ..like that family bassement she did with the big glass table WTF!!!!! It looked like a dinning room not a place for kids to play.

Ty is hot and funny !!

Jess (wants badly to be a designer on trading spaces)

Dave Lee

TRIBE Member
I love trading spaces although I'm not quite sure it's not because I have a crush on Genivieve. I mean she's a gorgeous girl!

And Vern gets my vote as best designer. That one place he did with the red point on the walls was my dream come true. I totally want to paint my room that color and have wanted to for years but the parents are against it. Bah

dave

tella

TRIBE Member
^ hehehehe. and the funny thing is you don't really see him doing anything really exerting but the man alwyas has sweat stains on his tshirt. frank isn't as horrible as i originally made him out to be...i did like the basement that he did for the old swedish couple but that's as far as it goes. it's still all about vern and genevieve!

as for alex vs. paige....i'm all for paige. i was watching a repeat episode today at 4 and alex seemed like she was sedated through most of the show. it just didn't seem like she enjoyed her job very much. paige, although she is quite "squeaky" as one person put it, interacts well with everyone on the show (designers and homeowners). she makes a much better host than alex did imo.

Last edited:

statira

TRIBE Member
what happened with the old host, Alex? why did she leave? i've always wondered that, although i don't mind paige, at first i didn't like her, but she isn't too bad... i think they should have an entire channel devoted to trading spaces episodes!!

What room would you pick and what decorator?

I think i would pick my living room and vern,

Tye is very hot!!!

ang:)

Locke

TRIBE Member
The funniest is when hilde is flirting with tye and tye is having none of it, and I swear she gives him tons of work just so she can be all flirty flirt flirt with him
All I can do is feel sorry for tye cause she is freakin' nuts

and whats with hilde ALWAYS BEING OVER BUDGET like hello the show has rules, however the tent room episode made me laugh cause she was like $500 over cause she totally ruined their old couches and had to buy new ones, and the room was still the ugliest creation I have ever seen on that show. HA HA! I laughed so hard when the people tried to act normal about it.

L

dlerium88

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by SpinSugar
um hi......trading spaces is the best show ever. although i hate paige- bring back alex! and vern is the best designer. i need him to decorate my whole house. but frank sucks ass. i know.....i'm obsessed. i used to watch it every day when my work schedule was different.

plur......sugar
OMG SHE"S BACK!!!