• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

track ID

Caz

TRIBE Member
Dire Straights remix, funky breaks

No one has ever been able to tell me who did it or where to get one.

green label, dollar sign on it, I know Marty has it, and I heard it in one of Anthony's (melting man) sets one time..

camaaaaan you love a challenge :)

Cannabis Seed Wedding Bands

Robb G

TRIBE Promoter
caz said:
Dire Straights remix, funky breaks

No one has ever been able to tell me who did it or where to get one.

green label, dollar sign on it, I know Marty has it, and I heard it in one of Anthony's (melting man) sets one time..

camaaaaan you love a challenge :)

It's simply called "Big Money" and it was rumoured to have been done by DJ X from florida (and/or boys from his crew). Best bet to find it listed anywhere would be to search by "Big Money". Good luck.

(Of all the oldschool records played at the last Purephunk Anniversary party, this was THE record that tore the floor a new pooper)

Hipsterave

TRIBE Promoter
Robb you hooked me up with this record back in the day at eastern bloc. Found it one time in my bag of goodies! I think I may even have a second copy by way of an ebay lot but Im not positive.

Shug

TRIBE Member
^^^
Luckkeeeeee...

Still hasn't made it into my collection... it's my holy grail. Well, one of 'em.

docta seuss

TRIBE Member
Hipsterave said:
I think I may even have a second copy by way of an ebay lot but Im not positive.
i did.. just look for shite lots of florida breaks titles. i scored a wicked elektro city funksterz choon that way as well, and quite a few others..

..but inevitably, it is both embarassing and painful listening to all the other records in the lot.

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

Eclectic

TRIBE Member
I'm currently going through and cataloging all my old Florida records and will be selling them shortly.

I'll post a list for anyone interested.

Shug

TRIBE Member
Florida gets less respect than the red-headed step-child around these parts...

I like Florida. :p

Hipsterave

TRIBE Promoter
florida can be fun but it needs something to go with it for most tracks. I still like a lot of the older dj volume and kaliedescope trax

docta seuss

TRIBE Member
^^for sure.. icey was tits in his prime as well.

alas, 99.99% of it is complete shite, not even remotely worthy of the wax it's pressed on.

some of my darkest days were.. i think it was between the funky era and nu skool.. anyway, all you could find at the shops was florida. even my beloved Eastern Bloc had little else. yarg.

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

Spinsah

TRIBE Member
I've got a softspot for some Florida breaks. But I can count them all on one hand.

Anyone ever hear the 'castles in the sky' florida remix? It's so monumentally bad that I actually puked in my mouth the first time I heard it.

Shug

TRIBE Member
^^^

Yes, I remember it. PeteEP swore by that track. Such horrible cheese. Hahha, I miss those Uber parties - they were fun.

Eclectic

TRIBE Member
Hey, some of the bootlegs that came out of Florida I still play out now....they were really well done.

It's the original tunes that use the same tired samples over and over and over again that really get on my nerves.