1. Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, Toronto's largest and longest running online community. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register on the forum. You can register with your facebook ID or with an email address. Join us!

Track ID Help..

Discussion in 'House Room' started by T_Dot_House, May 11, 2010.

1. T_Dot_House

T_Dot_House TRIBE Member

Listen to this remix of of Shannon's Let the Music Play

I used to hear a very similar track on Globalgroove 100.7FM back in the day that didn't have any Shannon Let the music play associations I thought. It was much funkier and had the only lyrics of some "la la la"ing in the track.

I could picture some DJs like Carlos Feutre, G-Money and Peter & Tyrone throwing it down. Anyone know which track I am referring to? I am sure I have it on a mix tape somewhere and I'd like to know the actual name and artist of it as I don't think it's actually a remix of Shannon's Let the music play..

I'm sure I'm not the only one who's heard of this track I am thinking of..

2. shanekingsley

shanekingsley TRIBE Member

The original of the tune (as far as I know dated back to 1982) is Patrice Rushen - Number 1.
    I think the best of the remixes that came out was done by Dimitri From Paris (I think it was done by him).

I bought another one vinyl that was also very well done and more upbeat. This one was done by the Cleptomaniacs and was called Numer Uno and had the lalala thing going in the background - this might be the one that you're thinking of that was played on the radio and stuff.

3. T_Dot_House

T_Dot_House TRIBE Member

4. AshG

AshG Member

think i'll play this one today down at the lake!

5. shanekingsley

If you guys liked the Cleptomaniacs version then you may like this one. I think it was done by Dimitri from Paris but not sure. Sorry for the shitty mediaplayer, but it's a dope tune.

Dimitri From Paris - Number One

6. AshG

AshG Member

That's not Dimitri from Paris, and the only similarity it shares with the clepto tune is that both track names are "number one"

Your link is to a far superior tune called Number One, by the peerless Ray Mang. He sampled it from a band called Radiance. It's a very rare record. Here's the original tune:

7. shanekingsley

Thanks for the info on the tune. The Ray Mang tune is a great track and one of my all time faves.

8. jw

jw TRIBE Member

!!! great tune, been seeking this one .. thanks