1. Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, Toronto's largest and longest running online community. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register on the forum. You can register with your facebook ID or with an email address. Join us!

TPS - High Risk Offender Release Notifications

Discussion in 'Girl Stuff Forum' started by ila, Oct 1, 2010.

1. ila

ila TRIBE Member

As I'm sure you're all away, the Toronto Police Service puts out press releases when people deemed high risk offenders are released after serving their sentences.

Thought it would be useful to start a thread here to alert people to them - it's not like I'm checking the TPS website for this shit.

Anyway, here:

http://www.torontopolice.on.ca/newsreleases/pdfs/19698.pdf

Ronald Peter Tibando, 46, convicted of multiple rapes and assaults against women, deemed high-risk to reoffend, released last Thursday and living in the GTA. Picture on PDF.

2. the_fornicator

the_fornicator TRIBE Member

Why do they release people who know will re-offend?

Baffles me.

3. PAUZE

PAUZE TRIBE Promoter

They have to. Served total sentence. Can't put them back in until they commit another crime. Hopefully he'll get caught drinking soon and get thrown back in the slammer.

4. sk8

sk8 TRIBE Member

He served his full 20 year sentance - they don't really have a choice. Other than follow him around I'm not sure what they can do...

5. ila

ila TRIBE Member

Publishing his picture in a news release telling everyone that he is a convicted rapist is a pretty good start for things they can do.

6. sk8

sk8 TRIBE Member

well yes, obviously that's good. i meant in terms of keeping him in somewhere or monitoring though.

7. ila

ila TRIBE Member

Well, he's being monitored vis-a-vis his probation. Although, I'm sure his next victim will give two shits when she's told that her rapist was supposed to be home by 11pm and not out raping people, as per the terms of his probation.

"We're going to let you go, but no raping this time, alright? Shake on it"

8. eLLeXeEeYe

eLLeXeEeYe TRIBE Member

hide yo kids. hide yo wife.

9. Persephone

Persephone TRIBE Member

very good thread. Not the content, but the ultimate purpose, I mean.