1. Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, Toronto's largest and longest running online community. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register on the forum. You can register with your facebook ID or with an email address. Join us!

Toyota committed to public safety by removing more of its vehicles from roads

Discussion in 'TRIBE Main Forum' started by alexd, Jul 29, 2010.

1. alexd

alexd Administrator Staff Member

Another Toyota recall. Soon there won't be any left on the roads at all.

2. Thrill_House

Thrill_House TRIBE Promoter

Where did you read this Alex?

3. alexd

4. acheron

acheron TRIBE Member

5. alexd

It would be better if they built them properly in the first place, but hindsight is 20/20 i guess

6. Thrill_House

Well thats a shame for Toyota corporate because of all the bad press they've had lately, but for a dealership more recalls = a chance for to prove to their customers how well they will take care of them and it also means alot more hours for the technicians. Our dealership has been extremely busy these past few months not only on the service side but also in new car sales as well, so even with all the bad press is hasnt seemed to have hurt us.

7. Dirty Girl

Dirty Girl TRIBE Member

good thing our new car is made in mexico................:O

8. Thrill_House

The thing there is always going to be quality issues with any car, and especially so when your the #1 car company in the world in terms of total cars sold each year. When you are trying to keep up with the demand for new vehicles and you start getting into heavy mass production the quality will slip at least a little bit in certain areas. No car built today is perfect be it Ford, Honda, Chevrolet, Jaguar, you name it they all there quality issues in ceratain area's you just dont hear about alot of them though because they arent so publicised like Toyota.

9. Thrill_House

What kind of car, im guess its either a Chev, Chrysler or VW?

10. Thrill_House

At the end of the day I would still chose a Toyota over many of the other vehicles currently sold in North America, although at the moment I think I will still stick with my Honda.

11. Dirty Girl

Dirty Girl TRIBE Member

nissan

YOU LOSE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

12. Thrill_House

Dang Nissan is building cars in Mexico to now :O . What model is it?

13. acheron

acheron TRIBE Member

It's called the Chimichanga

Either that or the Fishtaco

14. Thrill_House

I love that model! I drive a Chimichanga sport and my gf drives a fishtaco convertable!

15. Dirty Girl

Dirty Girl TRIBE Member

versa sedan. i think its made there. thats what the internet told me, and the internet doesnt lie.
    mexico is the new china.
    filthy mexicans

16. I_bRAD

I_bRAD TRIBE Member

don't worry, they still make the components in china, and then assemble them in mexico!

17. Aerius Zension

Aerius Zension TRIBE Member

No, hindsight is $5.5 billion dollars.

And counting.

18. octo

octo TRIBE Member

19. Mrs. Pink

Mrs. Pink TRIBE Member

great thing about the chimichanga is that it produces it's own gas.

20. Dirty Girl

Dirty Girl TRIBE Member

21. solacevip

solacevip TRIBE Promoter

Toyota maybe under the microscope.....but personally, I like it when I push on the brakes and they work; when I turn the steering wheel, it steers.

22. Aerius Zension

Aerius Zension TRIBE Member

It all depends on the severity of the callback (Fight Club). Toyota's instance was related to deaths, of course, they're now blaming the drivers for deaths opposed to the recall problem.