• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Touring the CN Tower

CLUSTER

TRIBE Member
So, to make a short story even shorter.... I've never been up in the CN TOWER before, so me and my buddy Sean are taking off to Toronto early today to check it out. I'm guessing many of you have been? What's to expect and how much is it to explore the tower? Also, isn't the hockey hall of fame in there as well?

The 'I'm afraid of heights like you wouldn't believe' guy.
But still can't wait to go up in a glass elevator!! :D

Zigg'

Cannabis Seed Wedding Bands

KiFe

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by DJ CLUSTER
What's to expect and how much is it to explore the tower? Zigg'

a nice view for 12 bucks.

but today's a bad day (weather wize).. sorry dood.

KillaLadY

TRIBE Member
if you really want a nice experience, go to the restaurant... the best food I have ever had in this town, sure it's expensive, but you pay for the view, for the name and for the food.

Plus, you get to go down to the glass floor for free...
I am looking down the window right now and it's kind of foggy out, so honestly, it's not really worth going up there today.
I can't see the tip of the CN Tower, and it's across the street from where I live.

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

Poot

TRIBE Member
I dunno about this $12 quote... last time someone I knew popped in to take the elevator up I'm pretty sure they said it was more like $30???

You may want to call them & double check.

Pretty cool though.... I haven't been up since the early 80s - it would be cool to check it out again.

But yeah - you might also want to do it on a clearer day???

CLUSTER

TRIBE Member
Damn, so Toronto has it just as bad as London, that sucks. Looks like shit out there I must agree, but there's always tommorow. Hope it clears up.

Zigg'

CLUSTER

TRIBE Member
I'm gonna hold off on this till i'm in Toronto on a clear day:

Total Tower Experience
Look Out + Glass Floor + Sky Pod + Movie
+ 2 Motion Simulator Rides (Must be 107 centimetres
(42 inches) to ride), Includes Express Elevation (Taxes extra)

$31.99 ! That's a pretty good deal, movie, simulator rides etc...
Sounds like a night I should get a few people together for.

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

KillaLadY

TRIBE Member
The best view is end of summer, beginning of fall... 8:00-9:00pm... when you look down towards the lake and the way the sunset looks... breathtaking for sure.
If you choose the restaurant, of course the best seat is window seat, the restaurant is turning, so while you're eating, you get to have a 360 view of the city (hence the name 360)

Yeah, when you live 2 minutes walk from the CN Tower, you go there way too often! ;)

littlenutty

TRIBE Member
my boyfriend took me to the 360 restaurant last week the day before valentines day..... the sky was crystal clear... the view was breathtaking and the food was AMAZING!!! tres $$$.... but worth it...

R4V4G3D_SKU11S

TRIBE Member
Ahaha, Cluster, don't bother with the motion simulator rides. Totally the most retarded thing ever - I got rooked into that one (Luckily the passes I had were free). The movie sucks too, and the skypod is a waste of money - the difference between it and the normal view is unnoticable to anything other than yuor wallet.

It's a cool thing to do once. I'd wait until the summertime when the city is alive.

KiFe

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by R4V4G3D_SKU11S
skypod is a waste of money - the difference between it and the normal view is unnoticable to anything other than yuor wallet.

I disagree... i went once.. and when we got to the main deck, everything was clouded through... we could only see straight down....

so we paid another 6 bucks and went up to the skypod... and lo and behold, we were above the entire cloudline.....

very cool view....

by the time we were tired of that, we went back down to the main deck, and visibility had improved considerably.