• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Torture Report Imminent!

praktik

TRIBE Member
Exciting times for people waiting for the official release of this report - the wait has been long!

Cable news now all breathless about the preparations around the world for violent actions against US possessions/personnel as a result of the release of the report - leading to the Orwellian argument from apologists for Torture that the report should be concealed to prevent its truth from getting people upset...

A roundup of coverage (and other roundups!):

The Torture Defenders Fan Out « The Dish

White House Getting Cold Feet Over Exposing CIA’s Torture Secrets

12 Things to Keep in Mind When You Read the Torture Report

The Senate Torture Report and Foreign Policy

ndrwrld

TRIBE Member
Canadian embassy in Cairo was just closed yesterday me thinks... British one closed too.
all U.S. forces overseas on high alert.
the shit is going to hit the fan.

edit...not going to help, with that Canadian guy, now with ISIS, putting that video out asking for more attacks on Canadian soil.

Last edited:

praktik

TRIBE Member
they are updating live - so greenwald's latest just popped @10:58 after most recent before that being early in the AM

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

ndrwrld

TRIBE Member
incredible how Bush Jr has the utmost praise for all the people involved, CIA, etc, when the major talking points in this report seem to be ...
- utter failure
- horrible management
- useless
- near zero worthy information involved.
- lost track of detainees
- detainees died in custody

War Crimes, this is.

how long before attacks on U.S. soil ?
This is going to bring out the lone wolfs, and it's going to happen everywhere.
but that's what they've been prepping for year for.

praktik

TRIBE Member
Under the letter of the law, US officials should very well be brought forward for trial. Convention against Torture mandates criminal proceedings for any violation, and the US is a signatory.

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

erika

TRIBE Member
"The interrogation of terrorism suspect Abu Zubaydah, who was waterboarded at least 83 times, was more brutal than previously known. At one point, he was put in a 1 1/2 meter box and was knocked unconscious during a waterboarding session during which water and bubbles poured from his mouth, according to the summary. Other detainees with broken legs and feet were inappropriately forced to sit in stress positions."

CIA torture report: interrogations more brutal, less effective than claimed | canada.com via Bloomberg

Hal-9000

TRIBE Member
incredible how Bush Jr has the utmost praise for all the people involved, CIA, etc, when the major talking points in this report seem to be ...
The report is pretty clear that much of this was kept from Bush, to the degree that he wasn't briefed in person by CAI until 2006.

ndrwrld

TRIBE Member
The report is pretty clear that much of this was kept from Bush, to the degree that he wasn't briefed in person by CAI until 2006.
he even agreed, when he took office, he didn't know fuck all about Middle East stuff, which is why Rice had to tutor him.
but...
Bush refutes CIA torture report to CNN's Candy Crowley – CNN Press Room - CNN.com Blogs
^ this interview was done December 6th, this year.
so, i'll stick with my original post.;)

Bush signed off on Waterboarding in 2002.

http://www.redstate.com/2014/12/08/cia-george-w-bush-waterboarding/
this let's Bush off the hook, and it's crap.

Last edited:

KickIT

TRIBE Member
Tenet hands Bush a document and asks him to sign.

Bush: What's this for?

Tenet: Oh its birthday card that requires your signature.

Bush signs the document.

Bush: Great! So how bout them terrrists?

I think that there's a certain amount of "I don't want to know" on the part of Bush, Cheney and all, which is why they lawyered up with John Yoo to argue the legality of torture in case this came back to them.

Some of the stuff described in the document is fucking barbaric.

What alarms me is this is only 500 pages of a 6,700 page document that goes into full detail of what went down.

What alarms me even more is that the guys who performed the interrogation have likely been promoted and are now in a position to protect themselves (and could quite likely had a hand in the redaction process before the document came out).

ndrwrld

TRIBE Member
I don't believe for a second that the U.S. aren't still using the same torture tactics displayed in this report.
I have zero reason to believe anything Obama says...he's outright lied to the American people so many times.

praktik

TRIBE Member