• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, Toronto's largest and longest running online community. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register on the forum. You can register with your facebook ID or with an email address. Join us!

Torrent warning

ndrwrld

TRIBE Member
are these latest things you guys are talking about private, in that ISP's won't be contacted by..say, HBO, ?
i've got a few friends who have just been given notices...

weird.
i download lots...but only from SOulseek, and have never been sent anything.
is this because with SS, i'm getting it from one person compared to a bazillion ?

SneakyPete

TRIBE Member
It's unlikely you'll get hit from soulseek. Firstly, soulseek is relatively unknown. Secondly, you're downloading from one person as you said. Unless the person on the other end works for the copyright holder you're safe. Lastly, downloading is in a grey area in Canada; unlikely you'll ever get hit for that. It's uploading that's illegal, which you are doing when you are torrenting. If you are not sharing(bad etiquette but whatever) it is very very unlikely you'll get in trouble.

praktik

TRIBE Member
It's unlikely you'll get hit from soulseek. Firstly, soulseek is relatively unknown. Secondly, you're downloading from one person as you said. Unless the person on the other end works for the copyright holder you're safe. Lastly, downloading is in a grey area in Canada; unlikely you'll ever get hit for that. It's uploading that's illegal, which you are doing when you are torrenting. If you are not sharing(bad etiquette but whatever) it is very very unlikely you'll get in trouble.
Still if you are torrenting *at all* you are uploading - unless its possible to actually pull down torrents with 0kbps upload??

Guess i've never tried going Full Asshole

does it even work??

praktik

TRIBE Member
Ya sad about KAT

was best place to get my Masterchef AU fix!

Good thing my uploader of that show posts on pirate bay... Love you bigfish, whoever you are, you aussie son of a gun!

Dont worry about legalities as its Australian - otherwise I would wait the long painful hours til later in the day when my private site finally gets around to posting it!

xtcfreak

TRIBE Member
IPT is still going strong, have never seen a warning and the downloads are stupid fast.

Invites available if anyone needs. Although I am sure everyone here probably has access.

Jay

Rocky

TRIBE Member
I've been using extratorrent. It's OK.

Is there anything on the Tor network? I haven't used that much since stuff isn't searchable, which I guess is kind of the point.

praktik

TRIBE Member
dammit im outta invites.

I might be able to donate to get some, few GBP on paypal.

PM me if interested in doing some kind of etransfer thing to cover 4.99 GBP I can pass on most of that cost (incurring some of it myself as I get some benefit from a donation towards my ratio)

Anyway I can get you invite this way if you run out of options!

praktik

TRIBE Member
sounds strange, no interruption to my methods - using qbitorrent, with win 10 and manually picking torrents from a private site

greginhali

TRIBE Member
hmmm...doesn't seem like it's going to happen.

I would love an invite to any private torrent site if anyone has one to spare...and if you stream live sports, I can reciprocate. :)
I have lots of invites to IPtorrents and a couple for Whaffles.

I would love to hear about live sports streaming! NFL redzone anyone?

hit me up with your email and i will send the invites to you.

g

greginhali

TRIBE Member
I just check and have a boat load of invites. I just need your email and its yours. Iptorrents or whafffles. PM if you want in.

derek

TRIBE Member
i've got iptorrents and torrentday invites if anyone is interested

also highly recommend using a seedhost, just the extra buffer and it saves your bandwith