1. Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, Toronto's largest and longest running online community. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register on the forum. You can register with your facebook ID or with an email address. Join us!

Toronto woman sues Rogers after her affair is exposed

Discussion in 'TRIBE Main Forum' started by Zorro, May 17, 2010.

1. Zorro

Zorro TRIBE Member

Toronto woman sues Rogers after her affair is exposed
    Rogers denies any responsibility for affair or consequences

A Toronto woman says the billing practices of Rogers Wireless Inc. led to her husband discovering her extramarital affair.

Now the woman, whose husband walked out, is suing the communications giant for $600,000 for alleged invasion of privacy and breach of contract, the results of which she says have ruined her life.

Toronto woman sues Rogers after her affair is exposed - thestar.com

2. EffinHard

EffinHard TRIBE Member

Am I crazy for siding with her?

3. bombthreat23

bombthreat23 TRIBE Member

yes

4. KickIT

KickIT TRIBE Member

She's a moron and deserves everything that happened to her but legally she has a case. Did her husband have the right to transfer her bills under the family name without her consent? Does using your maiden name afford you further privacy even though you are married?

5. Eclectic

Eclectic TRIBE Member

Yeah, she's a dumb biatch who would have been found out anyway, but she does have a case for "invasion of privacy".

It'll be interesting to see what happens in this case.

I never knew Ontario didn't have privacy laws like we do here in Saskatchewan.

6. mingster

mingster TRIBE Member

it's totally fucked up that rogers didn't talk to her first before making a change in the billing recipient of an account that was hers only. doesn't matter what she was doing on the side. an action that rogers took without her consent caused a series of events, and they should be help responsible.

and their bullshit line about 'just trying to help the family save money' isn't a good excuse, and it isn't relevant. they fucked with her account, without her consent. they should have called her first.

Last edited: May 17, 2010
  7. mingster

mingster TRIBE Member

i feel a bit like the audience outside the people's court.

8. derek

derek TRIBE Member

apartment rental agents can make $100gs a year? pretty decent imo.

put aside the fact she cheated, this will be an interesting case, they most certainly breached her privacy.

9. JayIsBored

JayIsBored TRIBE Member

sure, let the whore sue for 600 000. if she wins the husband get half.

10. Eclectic

Eclectic TRIBE Member

Good point.

11. JamesM

JamesM TRIBE Member

So what we're saying is that if she wins, every person who had their rogers bill "consolidated" like that, will get in line for their 600k.

12. Dirty Girl

Dirty Girl TRIBE Member

considering they call us about 4 times a week just to make sure we are "happy with our service", you would think they could have called this woman.

cell phones sure have made it easier for people to cheat eh.

13. Sal De Ban

Sal De Ban TRIBE Member

a stealthy slut is still a slut. and now everyone knows she's the village bicycle. its just a matter of time before Kenk gets to her

14. acheron

acheron TRIBE Member

[​IMG]

15. tripleup

tripleup TRIBE Member

Dumb bitch should have gone with a pay-as you go, or selected paperless billing.

16. acheron

acheron TRIBE Member

Considering the animal husbandry situation in Saskatchewan privacy is a paramount concern.

Here in Ontario things are bit less "avec les animaux" and more "chacun a son goût".

17. Eclectic

Eclectic TRIBE Member

18. djfear

djfear TRIBE Member

I think this is a privacy issue, with a very real consequence on the breach of privacy. The morality of the consequence is simply what is fueling this case but in my opinion should not constitute the injustice that is allegedly at hand.

Don't get me wrong... if you cheat and get caught then obviously you will suffer the consequences, but the privacy issue should be separated from the cheating part. It's just funny that's all... :p

19. LeoGirl

LeoGirl TRIBE Member

I don't think she is telling the whole truth about how this happened. When I had my account with Rogers, they wouldn't even speak to Sage without me putting him on as an 'authorized person' to discuss the account. And even now, with the permission, I still have to give permission because they're dumb as fuck and can't read the notes.

20. Dirty Girl

Dirty Girl TRIBE Member

I think the fact that this woman was using her maiden is pretty huge. I mean who is to say she is even married to this man. you cant just automatically bundle something when there are 2 different names. this man could have been her abusive ex husband who she is in hiding from for all rogers knows. and they just sent him all her info......or something like that.... i dunno.

i called rogers to ask about internet, they asked my address or something, and then put me on as a second contact on my mums rogers tv account (not at my request). I didnt even order rogers internet, i just called to ask about it. I thought that was pretty slack of them.

Last edited: May 17, 2010
  21. kyfe

kyfe TRIBE Member

She'll win easy, this won't even go to court Rogers will settle because it's not just the lawsuit but also the ramifications of pipeda (the privacy act). I know the penalties are pretty troublesome

22. diablo

diablo TRIBE Member

Even if she wins the suit, she won't get anywhere near $600,000.

Rogers did not cause her marriage to fall apart. Her husband left her because she's a cheating ho, not because of the fact that Rogers combined their bills.

23. Wiseman

Wiseman TRIBE Member

Yeah. Give her the decision. But give her $1 + legal fees.

24. SneakyPete

SneakyPete TRIBE Member

Just heard her on the radio, she's saying for the pre-trial she requested Rogers to produce her contract and they're claiming they've "exhausted all search" and couldn't find it. That's a pretty serious breach of privacy there, her personal info could be in some trash can somewhere.

25. Dirty Girl

Dirty Girl TRIBE Member

I think thats irrelevant. any number of things could have happened and had terrible consequences because of what rogers did. rogers fucked up and something shitty happened to her because of it, I think they are responsible and should pay up.