• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Toronto Traffic UNAPPRECIATION Thread

glych t.anomaly

TRIBE Member
Its no secret that traffic in this city is beyond a clusterfuck.

from road work done in a way to completely cut of traffic veins to projects that take the better part of a bachelors degree to finish, its causes most of us daily pain that is unreal.

currently they have shut down the Eglinton/Victoria Park/O'Connor Dr intersection in East York/Scarberia border, and its fucked things all the way to the other fuckery at Eglinton /Lesie to Laird Corridor.

how do they expect people to get around...

Normally i bike, today i FUCKED up by not doing so.

its just fucking madness.

I came back from Brazil two months ago, most of the time spent in Sao Paulo, a city with 20 million, and traffic flows better there.

this is mental. for people in the city, how do you deal with the increased retardation we are experiencing?

why does their seem to be more construction going on then ever?

why dont they force the workers to work at night, and leave it during the day to ensure the least impact on the residents/commuters/transit ?

i feel like whomever is making these decisions is flown around in a helicopter, and only drives around at night so they are CLUELESS as to the affect its having on the city right now.

/endrant.

agentRC4

TRIBE Member
I think a lot of the problem today was the DVP being closed down in both direction for rush hour. Danforth at Coxwell was crazy busy and so was all of the East end in general.

But I agree, car traffic is crazy and construction should be better organized.

djfear

TRIBE Member
How do I deal with it? I threw my hands up and said fuck this shit. I moved right downtown and have a 20 minute walk to work, and everything else is walking distance.

I do want to buy a car now as I have finally begun feeling trapped, but that will involve busting out of the core at 6am on Saturday mornings so I only have to deal with traffic on Sunday evening if I happen to go away for the weekend. Traffic in the entire GTA + golden horeshoe area is a shit show.

When I did have to deal with traffic I would either be cycling my way through it, or squeezing through on the sport bike... though that's no longer an option at the time being. :|

In other countries, especially in Europe they utilize way more round-abouts and they seem to improve the flow of traffic as well as reduce T-boning collisions. I wish we could have more of them here but that would most likely not be feasible in many intersections because of our shitty grid system.

ravinjunkie

TRIBE Member
I can't believe how fucked the King St W streetcar is.
I waited three streetcars later, I finally said fuck it and hop onto the back.
I had to do a spiderman move in order to get the doors to close.

So squashed, thankfully I did not smell. I almost took a nap on someone's shoulder and drooled.

Driving? just as fucked.

Bathrust Road is closed mid way between Richmond and College.
Adelaide St narrows to one lane.

Why is this shit not done?

Chow would have dealt with this, but no, let capitalism rise!

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

cosmosuave

TRIBE Member
All I know is I picked the right day to take the scooter to work... That DVP shit was right where I work... Said fuck thus I am lane splitting.. Took an xtra 10 min to get home...

agentRC4

TRIBE Member
what really grinds my gears are the lights at Coxwell and Eastern and Coxwell and Queen. they are not synchronized and its not very far apart in between. When one is green the other is red. Its ridiculous.

Zorro

TRIBE Member
I at jarvis and esplanade. I work at erin mills in miss. I drive there and home. And walk everywhere else

SneakyPete

TRIBE Member
currently they have shut down the Eglinton/Victoria Park/O'Connor Dr intersection in East York/Scarberia border, and its fucked things all the way to the other fuckery at Eglinton /Lesie to Laird Corridor.

I came back from Brazil two months ago, most of the time spent in Sao Paulo, a city with 20 million, and traffic flows better there.
They're building the LRT on Eglinton that's probably why.

Sao Paulo don't have winters like we do.

basketballjones

TRIBE Member
Chow would have dealt with this, but no, let capitalism rise!
exactly how would she have dealt with it?

platitudes and talking points dont fix things

the residents of the city needs] to actually pay the appropriate amount of taxes

if the mayor actually had any power he/she could institute a tax tied to subways/infrastructure that ONLY went to building them with a fixed ending date.
problem is they usually raise taxes for x, that then get dumped into gen revenue and then become a new tax that never goes away and never once gets used for what it was instituted for in the first place

term limits and a mayor that actually has real power is what this city needs. also a fuck ton less members of council, the city wards need to be redrawn it is just crazy how it is now

basketballjones

TRIBE Member
what really grinds my gears are the lights at Coxwell and Eastern and Coxwell and Queen. they are not synchronized and its not very far apart in between. When one is green the other is red. Its ridiculous.
ha! im at kingston/queen
the whole area is a shit show along with the way lights are NOT synchronized in the whole city.

waiting for the 22b at coxwell station is also tons of fun. wait 20 mins for a bus then 3 show up at the same time go ttc!

glych t.anomaly

TRIBE Member
They're building the LRT on Eglinton that's probably why.

Sao Paulo don't have winters like we do.
Im pretty sure the above ground portions and some underground work is all being done in the west end currently, from what it looked like yesterday it was cops and yellow tape fucking over 2 of the busiest intersections in Toronto.

ha! im at kingston/queen
the whole area is a shit show along with the way lights are NOT synchronized in the whole city.

waiting for the 22b at coxwell station is also tons of fun. wait 20 mins for a bus then 3 show up at the same time go ttc!
this is why i have such and issue with TTC, unless you live close to a subway and your destination is close to a subway, its takes a REALLY long time for buses and street cars to get anywhere due to lack of dedicated Transit lanes.

unless you are on a bike or a scooter you are pretty much at the mercy of the suburb car driving twats, that dont elect mayors to address the congestion issues, and want money spent on road repairs rather and relief lines and better transit.

defazman

TRIBE Member
I moved out of the GTA a few years ago to Edmonton and the traffic is a fucking dream. One big ring road around the city, a couple of main arteries inside of that, and the south side of town has 4-5 lanes going north, then 4-5 lanes a block over going south.

Now I'm moving back in the new year and am dreading it. I have to drive around all day to work - Mississauga, Brampton, Vaughn, etc. Not looking forward to the 4-0-anything.

cosmosuave

TRIBE Member
Whenever the DVP or Gardiner is closed for maintenance or some kind of marathon the city fails to implement No Parking on the surrounding main thoroughfares to move traffic better... How hard can that be?

glych t.anomaly

TRIBE Member
I moved out of the GTA a few years ago to Edmonton and the traffic is a fucking dream. One big ring road around the city, a couple of main arteries inside of that, and the south side of town has 4-5 lanes going north, then 4-5 lanes a block over going south.

Now I'm moving back in the new year and am dreading it. I have to drive around all day to work - Mississauga, Brampton, Vaughn, etc. Not looking forward to the 4-0-anything.
friend of mine just moved to edmonton, she is a 5 min walk from work, and bikes around 100km in the city to get to different things she does with people, she cant say enough good things about the traffic there, although the roads are a little rough for biking.

and the winters, riding there in the winter, would be a challenge hahaha.

glych t.anomaly

TRIBE Member
Whenever the DVP or Gardiner is closed for maintenance or some kind of marathon the city fails to implement No Parking on the surrounding main thoroughfares to move traffic better... How hard can that be?
the fines are not enough, i think they should after 2-3 infractions lose their license for a month.

that will show the fucking inconsiderate cunts.

octo

TRIBE Member
i play soccer at monarch park and deal with those lights on a weekly basis. super annoying. there are tons of lights like that. just synchronizing lights would make traffic flow better.

i got stuck in the clusterfuck around vic park and eglinton last night.

the other thing that messes up traffic is the constant lane changing on the 401. lane changes are what cause accidents and slow traffic down. drivers are forced constantly change lanes to STAY on the 401. you should only have to change lanes if you're getting off or passing or going from express to collectors. the constant lane changing is moronic.

UPS delivery trucks and their drivers should be locked up if they park illegally during rush hour. one of these days an opportunity will present itself for me to confront one of these jerks.

glych t.anomaly

TRIBE Member
Lulz, i wish more SEPARATED bike lanes existed, then the cyclists that are afraid of traffic might actually get out there and commute !

but that just makes sense, and has no place in our policies.

le sigh.

Wiseman

TRIBE Member
I HAVE THE SOLUTION!!!!!!

Charge a fine for complaining about the traffic that goes directly into improving transit/road infrastructure.

It's brilliant if you think about.

Either people stop complaining

OR

Complaining actually gets things done.

Wiseman for Mayor 2018 "If It Fits, I Sits"