• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, Toronto's largest and longest running online community. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register on the forum. You can register with your facebook ID or with an email address. Join us!

toronto restos w. private dining rooms

mutslaster

TRIBE Member
Hi peeps;

need to plan a dinner for 25-30, we're looking for a nice restaurant downtown that has good food with a private dining space. we wanted canoe but it was a bit too pricey.

any suggestions welcome!

starr

TRIBE Member
Food type?

Caju might let you take over the whole space for that many people or at least the back. It's Brazilian and on Queen West and delicious!

Same with Delux on Ossington, but it's Cuban.

Let Select Bistro also has a back room, but not sure if they rent it out. They are French.

That's all that are coming to mind right now.

bouches

TRIBE Member
Hi peeps;

need to plan a dinner for 25-30, we're looking for a nice restaurant downtown that has good food with a private dining space. we wanted canoe but it was a bit too pricey.

any suggestions welcome!
a 30 person private dining room is harder to find since most of them only accomodate 12-16.

1. Colborne Lane is small, only 16 if I remember correctly

2. Oro on elm is huge, but last time i was the decor was outdated

here are my opinions as I used to source pdr for TIFF
- Brassaii (king & spadina). Though under new mgmt it has a large pdr
- Mistura (avenue & davenport) have an upstairs called Sopra that has some pdr
- Bistro 990 has an upstairs
- Sassafraz has two pdr but can be pricey
- Marben has a large one on the lower level. Be careful as it does turn clubby on weekends
-Spoke Club-though it is private
- Azure at the InterCon (front st)has one
- The Pilot in Yorkville has the middle floor but it's much better for a casual pub night
-Urban (king&john) has a great back room but it's not private (no door etc). It has a fireplace but in the summer the fireplace won't be on so there won't be that smokey feeling.

that's all i can think of off the top of my head. let me know if I can help you anymore as i spend hours walking the streets trying to find the pdr.

kick

TRIBE Member
The Terroni on Adelaide between Church and Victoria (the old Courthouse) has private dining rooms. It's super nice and pretty reasonable.

TaCk OnE?

TRIBE Member
delux might be good.

they quoted me about 45/head for a prix fixe thing back there, which is pretty reasonable I think

think they can do 15 per table back there...it would be cozy but might be ok.

Beer babe

TRIBE Member
-Urban (king&john) has a great back room but it's not private (no door etc). It has a fireplace but in the summer the fireplace won't be on so there won't be that smokey feeling.
I used the PDR for Urban and we had a great time. Just like bouches was saying, it gets all smokey which was nice! They may still fire it up now (given it's still cold), but may depend on what the weather's like when you book. Food was pretty good too.

Chris

Well-Known TRIBEr
Sexy Keg downtwon? I believe they have a room you can have, but also huge patio if the weather is decent.

erika

TRIBE Member
Food type?

Caju might let you take over the whole space for that many people or at least the back. It's Brazilian and on Queen West and delicious!

Same with Delux on Ossington, but it's Cuban.

Let Select Bistro also has a back room, but not sure if they rent it out. They are French.

That's all that are coming to mind right now.
Delux is NOT Cuban!!! :)

eddie

TRIBE Member
I just had a bday at kultura in thier pdr and it was great.
If you need any info ask away...
oh yeah it was for 28 peeps