1. Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, Toronto's largest and longest running online community. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register on the forum. You can register with your facebook ID or with an email address. Join us!

Toronto police officer charged with murder in streetcar shooting

Discussion in 'TRIBE Main Forum' started by solacevip, Jul 27, 2013.

1. ndrwrld

ndrwrld TRIBE Member

2. kyfe

kyfe TRIBE Member

3. SneakyPete

SneakyPete TRIBE Member

4. praktik

praktik TRIBE Member

Different jursidictions have different approaches, if you're following the US experience. In most cases the police retain control of this footage so certainly opportunity to make this footage less vulnerable to police suppression.

5. alexd

alexd Administrator Staff Member

I bet he gets out on bail today.

6. janiecakes

janiecakes TRIBE Member

7. veteze

veteze TRIBE Promoter

he was only suspended without pay YESTERDAY?

crazy.

8. ndrwrld

ndrwrld TRIBE Member

Ontario Police agencies are the ONLY ONES in Canada that still collect full wages while fighting charges. When they face the Tribunal to answer to their misconduct within the force, quite a few of them resign a day or two before the hearing, therefore walking free, and collecting their full pensions. Some cops have drawn out this ' process ' for years, and then resign.
    fuckers.

9. wickedken

wickedken TRIBE Member

two things: innocent until proven guilty, and union

10. Jeffsus

Jeffsus TRIBE Member

If only I had suspended with pay.

-jM
    A&D

11. JamesM

JamesM TRIBE Member

Psycho goes after everyone with a knife on the streetcar. Cop gets 6 years. It's outstanding.

12. ndrwrld

ndrwrld TRIBE Member

yes, it is.
    You obviously missed the part about the 2nd volley of unnecessary bullets.

13. tobywan

tobywan TRIBE Member

And also missed that no other officer on the scene even drew their gun.

And the part about Forcillo doing everything but follow his training, and escalating the situation very rapidly.

And the part about Yatim being shot dead within a minute of police arriving on the scene.

14. ndrwrld

ndrwrld TRIBE Member

apparently Forcillo shot Yatim seconds after he was called a ' fucking pussy '.
    but hey, keep hiring short fused cops, right James ?

15. JamesM

JamesM TRIBE Member

If some lunatic was going after your wife on a streetcar, I'm sure you would change your tone.

16. Bernnie Federko

Bernnie Federko TRIBE Member

17. basketballjones

basketballjones TRIBE Member

it was pretty much a swiss army knife, he was the only one on the streetcar when he was shot. he was of no danger to anyone but himself...def didnt deserve to get shot to death.
    i have tried to help you and to get ppl to give you some leeway but you just shit all over everyone and everything and post absolute nonsense every single time you post.
    get some help man

forcillo should rot in jail and i cant believe how teh cops in ontario continually get paid while up on charges. they should not be paid unless they are found innocent then it could be doen retroactively cause you know for fucking sure when found guilty they arent being asked to pay anything back

18. wickedken

wickedken TRIBE Member

I think both the kid should have been shot and that this cop should be in prison. he made a streetcar full of people flee for their lives.

19. JamesM

JamesM TRIBE Member

Yeah I don't know man it must suck being a cop sometimes when people are coming after you with a knife. Or everyone. If I were a cop I wouldn't even know how to deal with it.

It's a really hard job.

I really don't know. I think the guy got scared, and not trained enough.

The cop in the states got off in a similar situation.

Shooting of Daniel Shaver - Wikipedia

But obviously you can't compare.

Last edited: Dec 22, 2017
  20. JamesM

JamesM TRIBE Member

Yeah if a guy wants to go threaten lives on a streetcar then rush the cops. Man what a shitty job. Now this poor bastard is in prison. As the legal system seems him. For giving his life to protect others.

21. JamesM

JamesM TRIBE Member

If this happened in Texas, he would be shot by multiple folks on the streetcar. Knife attempt on the lives of ordinary Citizens.

22. ndrwrld

ndrwrld TRIBE Member

NO cops were ' rushed '. Get your head out of your ass.

23. ndrwrld

ndrwrld TRIBE Member

No Cop Was Rushed.
    Forcillo went Rambo.
    End of story.

Now, he's looking even more like a douche.

Please, James...tell me about the legal thing here.

24. ndrwrld

ndrwrld TRIBE Member

You are out of your mind.
    Multitudes of cops outside the streetcar. Sammy never approached as a threat ... with a swiss army knife.
    Forcillo went Rambo. He wasn't even the Senior Officer there...he went ballistic.
    Stop talking, James. He was convicted. Only because he was a cop, he's enjoyed freedom while on trial. Now, he's in the clink.

25. JamesM

JamesM TRIBE Member

I think in the end of the day. If some guy on a streetcar threatening everyone deserved to be shot. This isn't a day going to the mall here.

If you are escalating this to the point where it's 50 police cars and ambulances. I Think it was more serious than someone simply telling everyone how do you do.

26. JamesM

JamesM TRIBE Member

If someone came after me on a street car i'd be all like what bro