• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

toronto on fire....

s1k

TRIBE Member
Francois K
Danny Krivit
Ron Trent
Joe Claussell X2
Derrick May
Larry Heard X2
Robert Owens
Garnier
Kaskade
Moody Man
Sneak
Theo Parrish

All within a very short time spam...respect. very little complaints. most parties in wicked venues.

why not

TRIBE Member
Wiseman said:
confused?!?
larry heard has been here relatively recently, and is playing this weekend at wallace studios as fingers inc (with robert owens)

claussell also played here recently, and is back on april 13.

incidentally, francois k was just added to that bill, and it's been moved from boa to 99 sudbury, but boa is still presenting it (with garage 416).
maybe they'll bring the dynacord?

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

Rude1_247

TRIBE Member
Kaskade twice this year, at least. I understand there's some mo'fiyah in the works that will take this thread from ludicrous to plaid.

dstarr

TRIBE Member
True.

We have been very blessed in recent times... but aren't we always to some extent? Not trying to be a devil's advocate, just saying that I love living in TO because we always have good acts coming around.

I have always heard dj's say great things about Toronto gigs and how killer the crowd is and it tends to come off as being very genuine vs saying it for the sake of saying it.

Big Cheese

TRIBE Member
octo said:
lol!
there are so many parties coming up, i'm restraining myself from hitting the fingers inc party tonight.
ed zachery

where is sneak playing?

and david and frankie @ sonic will be a disaster...

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

Skipper

TRIBE Member
Rude1_247 said:
Actually I was impressed with TIL for Misstress Barbara. The sound was surprisingly good.
Barbara even stated it was good on her blog - and I expect she's heard a few good systems in her day.

ack. I just said systems.

s1k

TRIBE Member
sneak already played in the basement of lily not too long ago.

and ur wacked for missing fingers inc! wacked i say!

HouseHeadSacha

TRIBE Member
plus STEVE "MOTHERFUCKING" PORTER next week @ TIL!

and then

DANNY "MOTHERFUCKING" HOWELLS
SANDER KLEINENBERG
LEE BURRIDGE
and more @ GUV! the week after.

daomegirl MTL

TRIBE Member
Locals

Hi,

I am new to this board. I would only have one question:

What about the locals? Do they draw as much as these out of towners?
Which one has been on fire lately?

I am coming down next month to check out the Toronto "local" scene.

Rude1_247

TRIBE Member
Too many locals to mention, what kind of house are you looking to check out? Here's some recommendations off the top of my head:

Deep:
Dino & Terry
Peter & Tyrone
Martino
Jeremy Jive
Michael Drury
and anyone associated with Milk, Garage 416, hotstepper, RnB, Poundhouse....

Chicago:
Mike Gleeson
Jason Hodges
Mischief & Frankie
Gryphon

Big room bang'n/techy:
Addy
Dekoze
Tim Patrick
Paranoid Jack

Honestly though there's too much talent to name... those names should ive you a good idea of what to look out for but it's not even close to covering one fraction of the local house talent.

Last edited:

octo

TRIBE Member
daomegirl MTL said:
Hi,
I would only have one question:

What about the locals? Do they draw as much as these out of towners?
no. unfortunately even with the talent of many locals there are currently zero (correct me if i'm wrong) local house djs that on their own will draw/or are drawing half what a well known out-of-towner will.

a question for you daomegirl. do you know who plays at Quartier Latin on Saturday nights? I was there last weekend and LOVED the bar and deeeeeep house the dj was playing. unfortunately i wasn't feeling well and was unable to make it to salon daome that night.

s1k

TRIBE Member
the guys at mix signal throw parties with locals such as nick holder, dino & terry, jason urlich, adam khan, etc. and they tend to have a full house, but they are afterhours venues and are not consistent weekly