1. Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, Toronto's largest and longest running online community. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register on the forum. You can register with your facebook ID or with an email address. Join us!

Toronto Mayoral Debates

Discussion in 'TRIBE Main Forum' started by erika, Jun 8, 2010.

1. erika

erika TRIBE Member

Just caught part of the most recent one on CP24. Interesting format for this one: candidates took turns drawing each others names from a hat, then would ask whatever question they wanted of the person whose name they had drawn.

As I had feared based on his performance, Joe Pants doesn't stand a chance; he came across as too much of a policy wonk in the weeds kinda guy - and speaking voice just didn't project right.

Smitherman seemed tense as hell.
    Mamolitti actually responded better than I expected (scary).

Apparently this was the most followed twitter thingie nation-wide.

Anyone else catch it?

2. Phat Buddha

Phat Buddha TRIBE Member

i think it would be more interesting if they invited all 26 candidates to the debates...but -to quote the toronto star

3. erika

erika TRIBE Member

Fair enough; I wonder what the logistics would be in getting that kind of "debate" to be workable - perhaps a town hall-style where people attending could direct a question to any candidate they wanted?

4. Musical Rush

Musical Rush TRIBE Member

I think for a small fee anybody can run for mayor. I might do it next year, vote for me, I'll bring back the death penalty.

5. rawd

rawd TRIBE Member

Can I vote for Melissa Grelo

6. Spinsah

Spinsah TRIBE Member

7. Sal De Ban

Sal De Ban TRIBE Member

funny how the mainstream media criticizes the mainstream media for being mainstream media.

I am now going to complain about procrastinators at my workplace who spend too much time on tribe.

8. Wiseman

Wiseman TRIBE Member

I'm a little freaked out by the options for mayor. Pantalone is the only sane one and he doesn't really "excite the masses". His only chance is if a few of the others implode.

9. Sal De Ban

Sal De Ban TRIBE Member

here's a little tidbit: rossi's ad says "the only candidate who is not a political insider" i've got news for him: the new york-born actor and the homeless guy candidates aren't exacly 'political insiders' either! but hey rocco, way to lump yourself in with the star candidates.