• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Toronto Maple Leafs 2016/17

JamesM

TRIBE Member
Only so far as he can single handedly carry a shitty team on his back with Anderson as the new goalie. Matthews hasn't played one NHL game.

Then everything dry's up, and Canadian Tire contract is out. Leafs try to move another contract in 3 years.

Cannabis Seed Wedding Bands

basketballjones

TRIBE Member
Only so far as he can single handedly carry a shitty team on his back with Anderson as the new goalie. Matthews hasn't played one NHL game.

Then everything dry's up, and Canadian Tire contract is out. Leafs try to move another contract in 3 years.
The fuck are you talking about? Please just go post in the soccer no one ever cares thread pls

JamesM

TRIBE Member
I'm speaking about why he in my opinion decided against it. Major pressure he'd have to replace Kessel. The team isn't ready for someone like Stamkos. He's mid way through his career now. Can't go back and start a new ground up. Did that with Tampa already.

He would be under an intense amount of pressure. He should stay and make it with Tampa.

It wasn't about the money. Having CEOS biting at the chomp for the next endorsement deals probably made him sick to his stomach.

Detroit already had a firesale of their stars to make room. They're totally screwed.

Musical Rush

TRIBE Member
With the money the leafs are saving from not getting stamkos. .I would use that money to resign Jamal then go after Drouin . This way Jamal could teach Drouin on how to be a great dressing room guy.

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

JamesM

TRIBE Member
If Vic Router is the new accouncer, I'm done with it.

The leafs moves are completely inline with every leafs management.

They should have rid themselves of Lupul, Kadri already. Not enough moves to make it worthwhile. They get a goaltender in their prime makes no sense. Bernier could have hacked it.

Bring in more depth. This is a broken machine driven by corporate money.

Why even have Babcock. He's wasting his prime years here. Matthews isn't exactly going to make an impact.

Kessel they say was a waste of space. They better have some shocking moves this summer.

Zorro

TRIBE Member
This is a broken machine driven by corporate money.

This myth existed when the teachers pension was on board too.

It amazes me sometimes how Leafs fans have fallen in to this myth.

You know how MLSE or the then Teachers pension could have made LOTS and LOTS of money? By going deep in the playoffs.

Such a broken record this line. ugh.

ndrwrld

TRIBE Member
every home playoff game is a million ( or so i've heard ).
even more in the deeper rounds.
i'm willing to wait a couple years before we're balls deep and ready to make a run.

If Vic Router is the new accouncer, I'm done with it.
No, you won't be. You've proven yourself to not keep your word on anything here you were done with.
You'll be back. ;)

JamesM

TRIBE Member
every home playoff game is a million ( or so i've heard ).
even more in the deeper rounds.
i'm willing to wait a couple years before we're balls deep and ready to make a run.

You must have rocks in your head like Bernie.

There isn't a future. It's the same song and dance. They will trade for a Kessel replacement to keep the the new HNIC concurrency going.

They're filled with a bunch of B-Teamers now. It won't follow suit with Ron back as host.

They need ratings, son! That was supposed to be Stamkos.

JamesM

TRIBE Member
There literally isn't anyone on that team that actually cares about winning. Just phone the game in to make a paycheque.

ndrwrld

TRIBE Member
3 consecutive posts in 7 minutes, you scatterbrained fuck.
MSLE and their minions have obviously had enough with playing.
they want a cup, not fast, but they want to do some serious damage within 5 years.
if you think HNIC has any factor in this, you need to take yourself out back and ...
this isn't about ratings anymore. MLSE will always have their ratings, and it's because of fuckwads like you that claim they're done, but then keep coming back for more.
talk about rocks in the head.

if the Leafs continuously get better from now on, for the next 2 years, that's a foundation. It's like life planning, something you obviously know nothing about.
baby steps.

JamesM

TRIBE Member
You're on crack underpants. It's all about making elitist assholes alot of money.

There isn't a product. There will never be.

JamesM

TRIBE Member
Toronto always succeeded as being a rough and tumble organization.

Old Hockey. Not this "oh please don't hurt me!" thing they have going on.

Might as well flip the coin.

Kessel was your main man. They're retarded. Marching forward towards idiocracy. You get some depth guys that are fast. Some thugs that can protect him like Lucic.

Nope. they're all fucking morons.

ndrwrld

TRIBE Member
It's extremely tough to figure out exactly how fucked in the head you are.
Kessel ? he was our saviour ? wow.
how did that work out ?
CUP...but not on our team.
great player...just not on our team.

you can't remember what you posted 2 minutes ago, let alone realize this isn't a rush scenario.
3-5 years.
wake up James.

JamesM

TRIBE Member
Kessel was such a lousy player putting up 80 points a season. Wow dude fuck.

You need to loose that shit at any cost.

JamesM

TRIBE Member
Now you got like this guy who's GM who made it rich over Kovalchuk. Holy shit didn't land Stamkos. Hes's fucked.

JamesM

TRIBE Member
failure right out of the gates

Devils general manager Lou Lamoriello issued a statement today commenting on the NHL's decision to reject the 17-year, $102 million contract signed by Ilya Kovalchuk.

The statement read:

“We are extremely disappointed that the NHL has decided to reject the contract of Ilya Kovalchuk. The contract complies with the terms of the Collective Bargaining

Agreement. We will have no further comment until the process outlined in the CBA is complete.”

Owner Jeff Vanderbeek has not commented on the situation.

The Devils can rework the contract and submit it to the NHL within five days. Or, the NHL Players' Association could file a grievance on behalf of Kovalchuk and a decision would be made by an arbitrator.

If the NHLPA does file a grievance and an arbitrator rules in favor of the current contract, it would stand. If the arbitrator ruled against the current contract, Kovalchuk would again become an unrestricted free agent.

Lou Lamoriello: Devils 'extremely disappointed' at NHL rejection | NJ.com

ndrwrld

TRIBE Member
stick to soccer, and falling on your face.
the Leafs haven't done anything questionable yet.
following the plan.

you like Kessel. He's special, just like you.
We'll get rid of him for cost.