• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Toronto Maple Leafs 2016/17

R4V4G3D_SKU11S

TRIBE Member
https://www.thestar.com/sports/leaf...e-andy-frost-as-public-address-announcer.html

Andy Frost is out as the public address announcer at Maple Leaf games at the Air Canada Centre.

Frost tweeted as much and a Leafs spokesman confirmed it.

Frost told the Star team president Brendan Shanahan told him it was not a “firing” but the team was “simply not renewing” his contract.

“Cool with me!” Frost tweeted.

Frost is just the third public address announcer in the team’s history, and the only one the team has had this century; he took over the job at the start of the 1999-2000 season.

Frost, a disc jockey with Q107, used his radio skills to provide a more up-tempo approach to the job of calling lineups, goals, assists and penalties as well as hockey’s iconic “last minute of play” call at the end of each period.

Frost replaced Paul Morris, who took a more even-keeled approach. Morris held the position from 1961 to the end of 1998-1999. Morris’ tenure started at Maple Leaf Gardens and ended at the ACC; Morris replaced Red Barber.

Stop Bill C-10

ndrwrld

TRIBE Member
is Alan Cross still curating the music played during the games ?
( because we see how well that went for them ... )

oh yeah. No to Stamkos.

basketballjones

TRIBE Member
stamkos is gonna sign with the leafs. its just gonna come down to term/cost
buffalo doesnt have a shot and will be in cap hell right soon, detroit is toast, boston no way, vancouver...plesase, mtl....bwahahahahha

i could see bozak to detroit.

this is a once in a lifetime opportunity. i bet gm"s after watching this slow mo car crash arent gonna let any star they have be able to get to free agency and lose em for nothing

tbay is gonna be fucked. drouin is gonna cash in large now same with johnson, palat at al. so the money they could have offered stamkos now goes to drouin.

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

basketballjones

TRIBE Member
i trust in the management team the leafs have in place to not handicap themselves with a ludicrous offer

so far shanny has gotten everyone he went after, i can see it happening again

basketballjones

TRIBE Member
The sign and trade won't work in the nhl because collusion isn't part of the game like in the NBA. How would you get around the nmc/ntc? Once the players signature is on a contract the team can do what they want.

SneakyPete

TRIBE Member
In meeting with Stamkos the Leafs brought the Mayor and CEO of Canadian Tire with them. No wonder Stamkos signed with Tampa so quickly. USD sounds much better than Canadian Tire money and they don't have a politician running the team.

basketballjones

TRIBE Member
Stamkos would obviously have The hammer
in negotiating the contract yes. But once it's signed they could trade him to whoever is on his list for whateever they want and he can't do shit unless it has a full no move/trade with zero teams on a list which tbay would be insane to give him

Bernnie Federko

TRIBE Member
stamkos is gonna sign with the leafs. its just gonna come down to term/cost
buffalo doesnt have a shot and will be in cap hell right soon, detroit is toast, boston no way, vancouver...plesase, mtl....bwahahahahha

i could see bozak to detroit.

this is a once in a lifetime opportunity. i bet gm"s after watching this slow mo car crash arent gonna let any star they have be able to get to free agency and lose em for nothing

tbay is gonna be fucked. drouin is gonna cash in large now same with johnson, palat at al. so the money they could have offered stamkos now goes to drouin.

Nope.

JamesM

TRIBE Member
In meeting with Stamkos the Leafs brought the Mayor and CEO of Canadian Tire with them. No wonder Stamkos signed with Tampa so quickly. USD sounds much better than Canadian Tire money and they don't have a politician running the team.

This. looks like a bunch of folks running around with pens and contracts in their hands. This is broadway, son!

Powerpoint presentations about the sheer money their going to make off him.