• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Toronto Maple Leafs 2015-2016

SneakyPete

TRIBE Member
Training camp starts this week and we have a trade!

Leafs trade carter verhaeghe, Matt Finn, Chris Gibson, Taylor Beck, and Tom Nilson for Michael Grabner.

Curious trade. Obviously a contract dump but I am not sure why they asked for a 27 year old Grabner in return. Also, I think they should've given Verhaeghe and Finn a longer look.

Stop Bill C-10

SneakyPete

TRIBE Member
Speaking of those guys, I watched the Rookie tournament games on the weekend.

Marner: incredibly quick, especially that first two steps. That quickness allowed him to get to loose pucks first, create turnovers, and create offense. He also reads the play really well, seems to know what the next play will be, both offensively and defensively.

Nylander: awesome passer, very skilled, maybe more skilled than Marner, but he's a year older with one year of pro experience.

Kapenan: not a bust as some have said. Definitely got some skill but a level below Marner and Nylander obviously.

Dermott(2nd round pick from 2015): he was really solid, looks to be a good pick

nikita soshnikov (signed from KHL this year): his play stood out but not sure if his game will translate to the NHL

rinat valiev:been tracking him in the WHL this pass year and he looked good also

Last edited:

Bernnie Federko

TRIBE Member
Grabner deal makes sense, heck any of the guys who on a vet Try Out do, if they are able to rebound enough to be traded for picks at the deadline.

tripleup

TRIBE Member
Frankly Grabner & Beck are the same player so I don't get the trade.

Beck is still a young prospect and quite cheap. Grabner had a decent season yrs ago and hasn't done much since.

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

SneakyPete

TRIBE Member
I heard that also, but the rumours are coming out of Jersey so take that with a grain of salt. I'll take Zajac and salary for Kadri if we get Pavel Zacha also.

Bernnie Federko

TRIBE Member
Projected Leafs lines tonight:
van Riemsdyk-Kadri-Komarov.
Winnik-Spaling-Lupul.
Matthias-Arcobello-Boyes.
Grabner-Froese-Parenteau.

Musical Rush

TRIBE Member
The leafs are about as hot as Miss Landmine

traavik-morten-the-devil-is-a-fallen-angel-the-story-of-miss-landmine.jpg

dabeats

TRIBE Member
They`re actually not playing that bad the last few games. Beat the Preds and Stars the last two. The games have been close. Not many give aways, not getting hemmed in their own end, hustling, Reims is playing great and the team is playing a pretty good defensive game. Babcock has done a great job so far.

SneakyPete

TRIBE Member
They`re actually not playing that bad the last few games. Beat the Preds and Stars the last two. The games have been close. Not many give aways, not getting hemmed in their own end, hustling, Reims is playing great and the team is playing a pretty good defensive game. Babcock has done a great job so far.

Not just the last few games, they've actually played well every game except maybe 2 or 3. Structurally they're sound, they are getting chances but just can't finish. This is where the talent down the pipeline like Marner and Nylander will help in the future.

With that being said, they're getting too many points though! This is not going to help with getting Austin Matthews.

basketballjones

TRIBE Member
leafs....YOURE DOING IT WRONG!!!
love the effort but for fucks sakes lose!!
these guys cant even tank right

put bernier back in net stat

basketballjones

TRIBE Member
Settle down. You really think that Babcock would actually try to tank for the sake of a pick? Not likely.
not in the least
he is gonna coach up some second rounders for the guys we got in the off season. maybe keep parenteau

reimer is also ufa at the end of the year, no way he should get signed to a long term money contract so he is also trade bait

JamesM

TRIBE Member
yeah because they suck, and no one wants to watch hockey anymore. Bettman finally removed everything hockey, and made it corporate.

In what sport do you get one point for loosing? Nowhere.

That's why you get final standings, where 2nd through 16th are separated by a few points.