• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Toronto Maple Leafs 2014-15

kyfe

TRIBE Member
So we just ditched or best defensive dman who is a top 2 pairing for a 3rd pairing dman, added a pick and retained salary

Go fuck yourself Nonis and Shanny.
Was gunner really a #2? Good dman but both are #4s at best

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

spaboy

TRIBE Member
Ya, those 5 points in 40 games with a -14 are so likeable. Good ridance.

This team has no vision and is run by idiots. Liles would have been a cheaper buyout.

SneakyPete

TRIBE Member
So they will finally stop paying Tucker's contract come July 1 and they will immediately use the available cap space to again pay for somebody that won't be playing for them. Wth is running their cap?*

*I know who(Claude Loiselle), that was a rhetorical question.

Also, rumour has it Leafs and Habs have a deal in place for Josh Georges, but he has a NTC.

and not surprisingly Reimer has asked for a trade. Leafs talking to Broduer as backup at the same time.

Last edited:
tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

kyfe

TRIBE Member
Gunner is a #2 pairing. Meaning 1 of 4 in the top 2 pairs of dmen

And will continue to be in St Louis
I fixed it for you.

However I must point out that St Louis has pretty decent D and you have no clue. Gunner is a #4 on most teams however on St Lou I'd question if he could crack the top 6

I've listed them in order of quality, barring injury he'll have trouble cracking the top 4

JAY BOUWMEESTER
ALEX PIETRANGELO
KEVIN SHATTENKIRK
BARRET JACKMAN
CARL GUNNARSSON
CARLO COLAIACOVO
JORDAN LEOPOLD
IAN COLE

DJ Vuvu Zela

TRIBE Member
i don't have a problem with moving Gunnarsson. decent depth d man, but the way some people talk about him like he's some rock on the blue line is crazy.

the larger problem i have is there doesn't seem to be much thought in what the Leafs are doing. Trade Gunnarsson for a tougher d-man, but then buy out Gleason who was their toughest d-man. it just seems like they're spinning wheels.

Musical Rush

TRIBE Member
Ya, those 5 points in 40 games with a -14 are so likeable. Good ridance.

This team has no vision and is run by idiots. Liles would have been a cheaper buyout.
Gleason was the only defenceman who showed any grit around his own net, he isn't a points guy he's a stay home defensive player, the -14 is from the idiots he was playing with and having shitty Reimer in net, I'd rather have him than Phangoof

kyfe

TRIBE Member
A couple of things some of you may not be aware of, Gunner has a pretty big hip issue and just had surgery in May. He should be ready for the start of the season but who knows how it will hold up over a season and moving forward.

Gleason, while he blocked shots and mucked it up a bit, he is slow as hell and provides poor defence. Basically Polak replaces what he brings, is younger, more mobile and an upgrade defensively.

it's clear they'll be going after a Dman via trade or UFA today

Also TJ Brennan was not re-upped and is a UFA, so the prior discussion about trading Gardner is likely not to happen.

Zorro

TRIBE Member
Glad to hear shanny has been over seas trying to Bring back Leo. He was an over looked missing piece last season. Cap space wouldn't let it happen last season though

DJ Vuvu Zela

TRIBE Member
A couple of things some of you may not be aware of, Gunner has a pretty big hip issue and just had surgery in May. He should be ready for the start of the season but who knows how it will hold up over a season and moving forward.

Gleason, while he blocked shots and mucked it up a bit, he is slow as hell and provides poor defence. Basically Polak replaces what he brings, is younger, more mobile and an upgrade defensively.
i don't doubt that Polak should be an upgrade over Gleason, BUT the leafs retained $200,000 from Gunnarsson's contract, and then bought out Gleason's 2 remaining years on his contract (which i think is about $2+ million per year).

So the question i have is Polak's upgrade worth everything the Leafs gave up? a 3rd rounder, + Gunnersson, + roughly $2.5M per year? I doubt it. If he was that good the Bliues wouldn't have traded him.

Leafs just signed a 37 year old (Stephan Robidas) to a 3 year contract.
and then this! 3 years @ $3m per for an old Dman. They're pissing away their cap money.