• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Toronto Maple Leafs 2014-15

Spinsah

TRIBE Member
How will Shanahan make his presence felt?

When will Caryle get the axe?

What route should the parade follow?

Praise be to The Phil.

Go Leafs Go?

StarvinMarvin

TRIBE Member
can't wait to enjoy the roller coaster of emotion and flip flopping this thread brings as it leads to another inevitable failure of a season

Mr. Magyar

TRIBE Member
can't wait to enjoy the roller coaster of emotion and flip flopping this thread brings as it leads to another inevitable failure of a season
But Shanahan is president of hockey operations now! He will save the Leafs! Does anyone else feel that making a suit the face of the franchise (again) is just a bit problematic?

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

DJ Vuvu Zela

TRIBE Member
So you're suggesting that they should make someone not a part of management the head of the franchise?

Once they make them the head of the franchise don't they become part of management?

Mr. Magyar

TRIBE Member
So you're suggesting that they should make someone not a part of management the head of the franchise?

Once they make them the head of the franchise don't they become part of management?
Jesus fuck! Are you dense? Other than the Leafs, has another team made the GM, president, or any other member of the management the face of the franchise? No! Crosby is the face of Pittsburgh. Ovechkin is the face of Washington. The Sedins are the faces of Vancouver. Weber is the face of Nashville. Toronto? The president of hockey operations. Do you not see this as a problem?

Spinsah

TRIBE Member
Jesus fuck! Are you dense? Other than the Leafs, has another team made the GM, president, or any other member of the management the face of the franchise? The Sedins are the faces of Vancouver
I guess you haven't been paying attention. Trevor Linden was announced last week as the new President of the Canucks. And Daniel was taken off the ice last night in a stretcher. The Sedins have combined for around 25 goals this year, so they're hardly the force they once were.

kyfe

TRIBE Member
Jesus fuck! Are you dense? Other than the Leafs, has another team made the GM, president, or any other member of the management the face of the franchise? No! Crosby is the face of Pittsburgh. Ovechkin is the face of Washington. The Sedins are the faces of Vancouver. Weber is the face of Nashville. Toronto? The president of hockey operations. Do you not see this as a problem?
Yzerman in TB
Gretz in PHO
Linden in VAN

I think the Shanny move is a great move, it doesn't fix anything but it should provide some direction and leadership that is clearly lacking in the front office since the loss of Burke. Say what you want about Burke but his moves set this team up to take the next step, it's unfortunate he was handcuffed a few times due to lack of availablility/resources but the cap wasn't much of an issue and key players were locked up.

And now Nonis killed the cap space and enlarged the commitment

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

DJ Vuvu Zela

TRIBE Member
you mention Vancouver, and they recently made the exact same move when they brought in Linden to be president of hockey operations. Colardo made a similar move when they promoted Sakic.

you're getting pretty riled up over someone being the "face" of the franchise. i don't think the Leafs have made that an "official" part of his job. I'm sure their marketing department won't be putting his face on every program this year.

videotronic

TRIBE Member
patty roy in colorado is more or less the face of the franchise...burke is the face of every franchise he's involved with and has been for like..his entire career

id also suggest that shanahan is far less of a "suit" than most due to the high level he played the game at. nonis played in the minors and i think some semi-pro in a shit euro league...him i would disdainfully call "a suit" but i don't know if id apply that tag to someone like shanahan..

Bernnie Federko

TRIBE Member
The crying and whining from Mr Maggie Mae and Towelboy is hilarious. All they do is hyper spazz out with their tantrums because they got butt hurt.

Bernnie Federko

TRIBE Member
Ovechkin really accomplishing all their is in Washington. Takes a real Loser to get that assessment wrong. What video game system are you playing to come up with it anyway?

spaboy

TRIBE Member
your simple spelling mistake makes me think I'll be just fine lol another classic idiotic response 2 for 2
Really dude? Spelling on the internet? Sorry I'm not precise Swyping away on my phone.

When you want to talk about the issue at hand let me know.

Mr. Magyar

TRIBE Member
The crying and whining from Mr Maggie Mae and Towelboy is hilarious. All they do is hyper spazz out with their tantrums because they got butt hurt.
I really don't have a vested interest in the Leafs. I just enjoy reading and listening to moronic Leafs fans, e.g. you, trying to rationalize that this organization isn't shit. Really, come talk to me when the Leafs finally play in a Stanley Cup final that is being broadcast in colour

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories