• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Toronto LF: Live Pa Artist

cosmosuave

TRIBE Member
Seeing this gets the most traffic on the board thought I would post here...

Post Toronto LF: Live Pa Artist
Hey peeps I approached a venue to play a gig and they have responded and are interested in putting a night together so I am looking for another LivePA to fill the bill...

It is still in tje planning stage and I asked for dates late May or June Fri or Sat night... Also said I could draw between 30-40 people...

Here is the venue write up and site...

Burdock

Burdock

JamesM

TRIBE Member
Sounds like a cool idea. I'll come check it out. But finding another quality hardware PA guy might be difficult these days.

To any layman now who's a "Real DJ", it would look like cockpit of the space shuttle.

Sal De Ban

TRIBE Member
i can perform a few of my track as live PA, but I'm still looking for logical ways to flow between tracks, as if it were a seamless DJ set. I'm not 100% satisfied with my set as of this moment. My sampler is a little tough to use live because it takes about 60 seconds to load up a new bank...ugh.

I really hope you're able to put this together. I'll show up for sure.

Brandon

TRIBE Member
My sampler is a little tough to use live because it takes about 60 seconds to load up a new bank...ugh.
I hear that. I've got 2MB of memory on my live rig's main sampler and I have to delete and load new samples from floppy disks during my live sets more than a few times.

Why? Because when I say I party like it's 1999, I mean it. :D

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

JamesM

TRIBE Member
This thread made me end up trying to map my Vestax TR1 to ableton to use as a live PA device. I had a good deal of success too, before I shut it down.

But I'm a software guy. Definitely not the same kind of street credit if we're on hardware.

But it opened my eyes a bit for other options for that device other than a traktor controller.

It could be linked into the DJM 500 as a third deck, but using a minimal set of grooves to put down over top of the 1200's. Etc. Neat.

JamesM

TRIBE Member
Stick to your own night, and be a leader. No one want's a mixtape.

is this the same Graze?

It's still all Ableton, Man.

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories