• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Toronto Hydro rates to go up every year, forever

alexd

Administrator
Staff member
But they say you can mitigate the rate increases by not opening your door as often, sitting in the dark, and covering your windows in plastic.

agentRC4

TRIBE Member
But the Libs are saving us money! Their forecast from the last review was a 68% increase in 10 years. Now its only 50% in 10 years. Thanks Ms. Wynne!

And we still get the privilege of having to pay other provinces and states to take our energy when we have a surplus.

A big win for the average Joe!

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

WestsideWax

TRIBE Promoter
Alex also locked them into a 10 year contract for "things to complain about" - it would cost them too much to break it!

(On average, Canada still has one of the lowest rates for electricity in the developed world)

I_bRAD

TRIBE Member
Do the lowest rates in the world include delivery charges? Time for more community scaled power projects in my opinion.

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

kyfe

TRIBE Member
Kind of hard to turn off a nuclear reactor...
Supply Overview

Supply Mix*: Ontario’s installed generation capacity includes:
Nuclear: 12,998 MW or 36.2%
Gas: 9,987 MW or 27.9%
Coal: 3,293 MW or 9.1%
Hydro: 7,939 MW or 22%
Wind: 1,725 MW or 4.8%
Biomass Other (wood waste, biogas, etc): 122 MW or 0.3%

and it's pronouced New-cu-ler;)

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

ndrwrld

TRIBE Member
The annual production of electricity in China is estimated at 3,450 billion kwh.
Canada's annual production of electricity is 620 billion kwh.

Sal De Ban

TRIBE Member
But they say you can mitigate the rate increases by not opening your door as often, sitting in the dark, and covering your windows in plastic.
god forbid people should participate in reducing the use of electricity, or see any merit in acting locally.

kyfe

TRIBE Member
or you could tell businesses you shop at to:

keep the store doors closed when pumping the Ac in the summer
shut off their lights at night

cosmosuave

TRIBE Member
Just ordered some led pot light replacements from DealExtreme... Will see how these work illumination wise and if good I will replace all my bulbs for the potlights...

6 watt led = 50 watt halogen

WestsideWax

TRIBE Promoter
or both? it's everyone's responsibility.
You can also ask multinational corporations to stop producing mountains upon mountains of stuff that people don't actually need in their lives.

bwahahahahahahahahahahahahah!!

*wipes tear from eye*

Turning your heat up in the winter so you can lounge in a t-shirt and The Gap leaving their aircon blasting door agape in the summer (I'm not advocating either, btw) are drops in a rather massive bucket, most of which is filled by industry.