• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Toronto Hydro/Energy Retailers

jazzsax

TRIBE Member
Anyone on a fixed price contract with someone like Universal? Reading the fine print makes it look like you'll still be bent over the coals...

Anyone deal with them? We're currently with Toronto Hydro, but these jerks are banging on my door and my wife thinks it's a good deal (she hasn't read the fine print yet)

jazzsax

TRIBE Member
should have mentioned...i've read the fineprint...me thinks they try to screw you, but i thought some of you might have some experience...

AdRiaN

TRIBE Member
I can't speak to any of the specific contracts being offered by individual retailers, but in general, there shouldn't be anything in the fine print to screw you over. Energy retailers only "screw you" by offering a fixed price for electricity that is well above the current price. They basically give you peace of mind on electricity prices in exchange for a premium (similar to a five year fixed rate mortgage). Also, like any contract, it's difficult to break prior to the termination date.