• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Toronto FC is here!

Cannabis Seed Wedding Bands

octo

TRIBE Member
the main stream media are a bunch of haters.
i realise MLSE is getting a taxpayer funded stadium but can you fault them? no. it's our fucking politicians that give them the money.
and yes other clubs have failed before but that's no reason to automatically HATE on a new club. i have a feeling the reason the media is so anti pro-soccer is that they have no clue how to cover it.
if MLS gets a TV deal then there's hope for the league

jungleboy

TRIBE Promoter
Why would anyone watch minor league soccer when you can watch the best teams from all over the world every day of the week if you shell out for digital cable?

Do you guys really think people are going to hoof it down to the Ex on a tuesday night to watch this more than once?

Do you think MSLE are going to price the majority of the tickets at a level that fits demand?

Would you pay more than 20 bucks to see a game?

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

-Mercury-

TRIBE Member
my biggest worry is that the guys holding the keys to this shiney new franchise have been in the sports business for a very long time, and have proven to be nothing short of absolute failures when it comes to getting results on the ice/court (winning teams/championships, etc.)

so what chance do they have of doing a decent job running a club in a sport thats totally foreign to them? probably not much.

and that doesn't bode well in soccer market that has traditionally proven to be quite "snotty" in selecting which games the'll go watch in person.

the level of play in the MLS is actually alot better now then when the league first started and is certainly alot better than your average glory-hunting premiership fan would care to admit.
so hopefully enough people will turn out watch and make this thing work long term here. i was really hoping they'd re-vive the old Toronto Blizzard name but i guess they could've chose a lot worse name than Toronto FC.

and the fact of the matter is this: a team comprised mostly of top-level canadian players training together almost year round is also a great thing for our national team. we have top level players already, certainly enough to compete in our region. that's not the problem.
the problem is they're all scattered throughout europe and only have minimal prep time to come together as a team before these big qualifying games before the WC.
i think a large group of canadian nat. players training together will help us see Canada get to a world cup sooner & more often.

and lastly:
canadian kids should have a viable opportunity at a professional job in a sport they love and not have to leave the country to do it.

Hamza

TRIBE Member
time to start import 16 year old's from nigeria to light it up!

I appoint myself director of scouting.

MKMIRAGE

TRIBE Member
Hamza said:
time to start import 16 year old's from nigeria to light it up!

They're all spoken for! You gotta recruit the single digit ages ;)

I don't know about you guys but I am all over this one. I'm gonna get season tix the moment they come out. One for my wife and one for me. There is nothing quite like watching a footy game live!

As for the U20 World Cup - I'm all over that x100

M.

REMI XO

TRIBE Member
MKMIRAGE said:
They're all spoken for! You gotta recruit the single digit ages ;)

I don't know about you guys but I am all over this one. I'm gonna get season tix the moment they come out. One for my wife and one for me. There is nothing quite like watching a footy game live!

As for the U20 World Cup - I'm all over that x100

M.

HE'lln Ya BRO....

I'm on the same page aswell I'm also getting season tickets (Me and maybe 4-5 buddies) I was looking for the team contact info cause I have some questions in regards to purchasing group sales. but I cant seem to find it on the website. It makes sense getting seasons NOW cause u know cause as time goes on I really think this footy ting in Toronto will really take off.

TORONTO FC's FIRST OFFICIAL FAN:

BRYAN :)

PS so when are the kits coming out...

rentboy

TRIBE Member
i'm all over this too... it'll be nice to get a regular dose of live footie.

The MLS ain't that bad either...it's no Prem or La Liga, but it's decent all the same.

Also, it'll be cool to land a few known faces and build upon that. I just hope Toronto accepts the franchise.

KodiaK

TRIBE Member
octo said:
if MLS gets a TV deal then there's hope for the league

there already is a tv deal with espn/tsn and some spanish station from the states that already covers MLS games.

KodiaK

TRIBE Member
only problem i see with a soccer team starting in toronto is this:

it's goin to be a bitch to get a decent fanbase when there are thousands upon thousands of imagrants or moronic kids of imagrants that pledge undying loyalty to their country's soccer team or local club.

and by moronic kids of imagrants i mean kids who were born here and really have no afiliation to the team other than their parents were born in the country.

eh maybe moronic is too strong of a word... oh well.
i just get pissy when they all flood the streets and i cant fuckin drive around anywhere when some country wins a world cup game and i have to figure out what small section of the city to avoid because of said morons.

MKMIRAGE

TRIBE Member
^^^^^^^
WTF?! Whitby-boy, maybe if you lived in a diverse community of Toronto you'd be more understanding and tolerant.

Toronto FC in my mind has a potential to unite all those thousands of football fans and channel their energy to support one team. We will all have our Liverpools and Legias and AC Milans and Barcelonas but now we will have something ours too! Something more real, more immediate, more accessible.

You cannot blame people celebrating this beatiful game. We love it and you just don't know what that feels like.

M.

Colm

TRIBE Member
KodiaK said:
i just get pissy when they all flood the streets and i cant fuckin drive around anywhere when some country wins a world cup game and i have to figure out what small section of the city to avoid because of said morons.

And that happens what, once every four years?

Even though I live in Victoria, BC, I'm really happy about Toronto getting a team. Let's not forget, soccer is Canada's most played sport. And its market isn't restricted to immigrant men; you're going to see lots of girls, young women, adulterous (or at least adulterously minded) soccer mums along with your necessarily smelly horde of Portuguese, Irish, Polish, Croatian and Carribean men and their offspring attending games regularly.

This franchise can shine, as long as the expectations are tempered for the first few years. A fledgling soccer club will be a hard sell for a city whose only stable franchise happens to be its oldest and most successful. Once it passes its third anniversary, I'd expect it to stay.

Maybe its most important benefit is that it gives our talented younger players a stage in which to sell themselves. This means we'll have less players leaving at a younger age for Europe and consequently obtaining foreign citizenship and playing for another country.

Last edited:

KodiaK

TRIBE Member
MKMIRAGE said:
^^^^^^^
WTF?! Whitby-boy, maybe if you lived in a diverse community of Toronto you'd be more understanding and tolerant.
M.

lol
oh shit here we go... time to put you in your palce.

condeming me for not living in a 'diverse' community because i live 45 minutes east of the city?
not only that, but even sugesting that im not tolerant? Trying to call a gay guy NOT tolerant? oh fuck... im not even going to bother to put in the roll eyes icons in here because they would just fill up the fuckin screen.

also is it my problem that i was born in this raving shit hole of a town?

get a fucking clue captian irony.

and by the way, i can perfectly understand people supporting a home team. If i lived in europe, id still support the leafs. Would i run into the streets of london like a fucking moron if the leafs won the stanly cup with a handfull of other torontonians i was watching the game with? HIGHLY unlikely. Hell i get pissed off when the woodbridge crowd flood the streets after a 1-0 series lead in any leafs play off game.

If you even bothered to digest what my previous comment stated, what i said was that i dont understand people who were BORN here and GREW up here have some undying loyalty to said teams.... and then act like idiots when they win. That's all. Nothing racist or intolerant about that. I hate everyone equally.

for the record, my dad is italian, and an imagrant... they came here after wwii.
I do enjoy soccer, played it growin up as a kid and in leagues in whitby. I watch a game every now and then if i catch something on tv, usually english premier league stuff. Hell i might catch some toronto FC games myself out of curiosity.

but i have absolutely no association what so ever to any team in europe, especially italian ones. Hell i take GREAT pleasure in watching those prima donna's LOSE every time. And this recent betting scandle goin on with juventus dont suprise me what so ever.

KodiaK

TRIBE Member
Colm said:
And that happens what, once every four years?

Even though I live in Victoria, BC, I'm really happy about Toronto getting a team. Let's not forget, soccer is Canada's most played sport. And its market isn't restricted to immigrant men; you're going to see lots of girls, young women, adulterous (or at least adulterously minded) soccer mums along with your necessarily smelly horde of Portuguese, Irish, Polish, Croatian and Carribean men and their offspring attending games regularly.

This franchise can shine, as long as the expectations are tempered for the first few years. A fledgling soccer club will be a hard sell for a city whose only stable franchise happens to be its oldest and most successful. Once it passes its third anniversary, I'd expect it to stay.

Maybe its most important benefit is that it gives our talented younger players a stage in which to sell themselves. This means we'll have less players leaving at a younger age for Europe and consequently obtaining foreign citizenship and playing for another country.

i seem to remember it also happening during the last euro cup.....

and i absolutely do agree with you. Canada soccer is just fucked. There's no reason, to me anyways, why canada just cant field a competitive club with the amount of talent that's here, home grown or not.

i have no doubts if this franchise stays around 10+ years that it can only help soccer in canada.

i just think it's goin to be a rough couple years to start, that's all.

MKMIRAGE

TRIBE Member
KodiaK said:
lol
oh shit here we go... time to put you in your palce.

condeming me for not living in a 'diverse' community because i live 45 minutes east of the city?
not only that, but even sugesting that im not tolerant? Trying to call a gay guy NOT tolerant? oh fuck... im not even going to bother to put in the roll eyes icons in here because they would just fill up the fuckin screen.

also is it my problem that i was born in this raving shit hole of a town?

get a fucking clue captian irony.

and by the way, i can perfectly understand people supporting a home team. If i lived in europe, id still support the leafs. Would i run into the streets of london like a fucking moron if the leafs won the stanly cup with a handfull of other torontonians i was watching the game with? HIGHLY unlikely. Hell i get pissed off when the woodbridge crowd flood the streets after a 1-0 series lead in any leafs play off game.

If you even bothered to digest what my previous comment stated, what i said was that i dont understand people who were BORN here and GREW up here have some undying loyalty to said teams.... and then act like idiots when they win. That's all. Nothing racist or intolerant about that. I hate everyone equally.

for the record, my dad is italian, and an imagrant... they came here after wwii.
I do enjoy soccer, played it growin up as a kid and in leagues in whitby. I watch a game every now and then if i catch something on tv, usually english premier league stuff. Hell i might catch some toronto FC games myself out of curiosity.

but i have absolutely no association what so ever to any team in europe, especially italian ones. Hell i take GREAT pleasure in watching those prima donna's LOSE every time. And this recent betting scandle goin on with juventus dont suprise me what so ever.

I really dont wanna hear your life story here nor deal with your frustrations. The short of it all is that you called people who celebrate soccer 'moronic'. You stepped on toes. You step on toes you get the boot up your ass.

'Imagrant' is spelled differently. As a son of one I suggest you look into that.

So it happens I am very familiar with expat life in London and I can tell you that there would be a lot of Canadians celebrating on the streets adjacent to Maple Leaf pub in Covent Garden if Zee Leafs won zee cup of Lord Stanley.

M.

MKMIRAGE

TRIBE Member
KodiaK said:
Canada soccer is just fucked. There's no reason, to me anyways, why canada just cant field a competitive club with the amount of talent that's here, home grown or not.

Let me pick on you a little bit more... the state of soccer in this country is very peculiar. There are a lot of good players with significant potential. Our U- and development teams (U17, U18 etc.) whether provincial and national are strong. I teach an 18yr old kid who is in Canada's U20 roster and on Ontario Provincial team. Last fall they flew to England to play against the Premiership youth teams and B-Squads and they held their own. The problem is these players after they turn 19 have nowhere to go. They most likely end up with a scholarship in the States and finish their careers playing college ball. Some of them end up in MLS and some are lucky enought to play in England, Germany, Italy, Holland, etc. But not enough of them are being noticed. Toronto FC will be another option for them, a Canadian option. I could go on and on, but I have no time to do that.

...and take it easy...
M.

jungleboy

TRIBE Promoter
"Even though I live in Victoria, BC, I'm really happy about Toronto getting a team. Let's not forget, soccer is Canada's most played sport. And its market isn't restricted to immigrant men; you're going to see lots of girls, young women, adulterous (or at least adulterously minded) soccer mums along with your necessarily smelly horde of Portuguese, Irish, Polish, Croatian and Carribean men and their offspring attending games regularly. "

There will be very few girls, young women, or moms at these games. Participation in soccer and attending soccer events are two very different things.

The ethnics will continue to watch games at social clubs were they can smoke like mad, drink, play card games or dominoes watching teams they feel a connection to.

Colm

TRIBE Member
I disagree junlgebwouylightercrew. Women's soccer is very popular and soccer's not one of the those sports which almost exclusively appeals to on or the other sex. Soccer matches are the only sports events which Ive been to that haven't been completely drunken sausage fests, and that can even boast a 1 woman for 3 men ratio.

Still, I want a TFC kit!

Sign me up!

judge wopner

TRIBE Member
im happy about the MLS team,

the league is getting better every year,
toronto could hold a team, i remember a few other US cities saying with about 5000-10,000 people per game you can feild a solid squad.

remember games are in the summer when the only real competition is baseball.. which is ghey!!!!

give it some time i think they will do well.

the MLS is attracting alot of older pro's who are being sent to pasture in europe. i tink a US team just signed romario from brazil. that kind of experience can help develop the youth.

soccer is popular in north america, jsut not at the professional level compared to the other big sports, but the MLS is growing steady each year so its playing catch up.

though i wish the team was Inter-Toronto!!!! ha!