• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Toronto Electronic Music Festival

*tranner*

TRIBE Member
...was amazing. One of the best things to happen to the city in a long time. But i haven't heard anything about another one this summer. What happened?

I remember asking the same question about Up! Festival after that last one at Harbourfront years ago. And I'm probably gonna get the same answer :(

*tranner*

TRIBE Member
Skipper said:
Do you mean beats breaks and culture? :confused:
ohhhh yeah... that's what it was called. I think the official name was Beats Breaks and Culture: The Toronto Electronic Music Festival. But naming conventions aside, there's no info about an upcoming one on the harbourfront site.

litespeed

Well-Known TRIBEr
i didn't find the music at it to be a very good representation of the EDM scene in toronto... not a wide enough variation of genres there.

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

*tranner*

TRIBE Member
Bumbaclat said:
TEMF? I never heard of it. where/when/who was it?

It was last July (1st-3rd) at Harbourfront Centre. So maybe there's no info on it cuz it's still pretty early. And maybe I'm just paro about it falling through. But the weather's getting good and I can't stop thinking about how killer that night with We Are Wolves and Holy Fuck and that live PA in the other room was.

*tranner*

TRIBE Member
ev said:
i didn't find the music at it to be a very good representation of the EDM scene in toronto... not a wide enough variation of genres there.
I totally agree, but alot the sounds it did explore were pretty underexposed. Maybe that was the point of it? That's actually why I liked it. Although they coulda done way more with the format, yes.

Last edited:

cosmosuave

TRIBE Member
The Juan Maclean (DFA/6FS) will be playing this year at Beats Breaks n Culture... I can't find the link but there are some other performers that are worth seeing as well..

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

*tranner*

TRIBE Member
cosmosuave said:
The Juan Maclean (DFA/6FS) will be playing this year at Beats Breaks n Culture... I can't find the link but there are some other performers that are worth seeing as well..
Yessssss good news finally!

why not

TRIBE Member
cosmosuave said:
the matthew herbert big band is also playing (among many others)

alexd

Administrator
Staff member
I'm not doing another gallery there this year. The TRIBE Photo Chillout Room was pretty cool last year... (pats self on head)

alexd

Administrator
Staff member
KillaLadY said:

they don't have a budget. that one last year cost a fair amount of $$ to pull off with the renting and installation and takedown of the 27" monitors. we split the cost 50-50 with them.