• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Toronto DJs-Where are they now?

The Truth

TRIBE Member
Ok, so a newbie inquired about an old DJ in the Nobody Cares thread so I thought I'd make a proper thread about what certain Toronto DJs are up to..obviously, some are still DJing, some are producing but most have probably retired, moved and/or have gotten married and have kids etc

So, I looked at some old flyers and started a list of some DJs that I haven't seen on any flyers for long time...if you know some info about them, please post it and feel free to add any DJs that you want to know what happened to

Dr No
Jungle PHD
Medicine Muffin
The Hrd Cru
Candyman
A Place Called Bliss
Alix Bender
Tonto
Manic
Eryk S
Ambient C
Dominik
Citrus
Terry Kelly
Kevin Williams
Jarkko
Sugar Daddy Moth
Dred E
Candyman
Easy Rush
Ryan 7
SOS
Koala
Murat
Madame Lynx (for Lord Nikon)

eddie

TRIBE Member
Ok, so a newbie inquired about an old DJ in the Nobody Cares thread so I thought I'd make a proper thread about what certain Toronto DJs are up to..obviously, some are still DJing, some are producing but most have probably retired, moved and/or have gotten married and have kids etc

So, I looked at some old flyers and started a list of some DJs that I haven't seen on any flyers for long time...if you know some info about them, please post it and feel free to add any DJs that you want to know what happened to

Dr No
Jungle PHD
Medicine Muffin
The Hrd Cru
Candyman
A Place Called Bliss
Alix Bender
Tonto
Manic
Eryk S
Ambient C
Dominik
Citrus
Terry Kelly
Kevin Williams
Jarkko
Sugar Daddy Moth
Dred E
Candyman
Easy Rush
Ryan 7
SOS
Koala
Murat

dr no lives in the uk
citrus dont dj no more
bliss still plays

LordNikon

Sweet thread. Should be good to find out what a few are up to!

I don't think Madame Lynx retired...since the last thing I saw her listed at was a night at Nocturne in summer 2012 (but it could have been a one-time gig). Other than that one night, nada since the early oughties (probably 2004).

stir-fry

TRIBE Member

Dr No
- lives in the UK apparently.

Jungle PHD

Medicine Muffin
- still lives in Toronto, I saw him at the Paradox event about 2 months ago

The Hrd Cru
- I believe they still live in Toronto, they don't spin though obvi

Candyman
A Place Called Bliss
Alix Bender
Tonto
Manic
Eryk S
Ambient C
Dominik
- Still lives in Toronto, I've seen him downtown once or twice over the last few years.

Citrus
Terry Kelly
Kevin Williams
Jarkko
Sugar Daddy Moth
Dred E
Candyman
Easy Rush
- Lives in Toronto still, Bathurst area. I believe he's running his own business now, not music related.

Ryan 7
SOS
Koala
Murat

my 2 cents

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

litespeed

Well-Known TRIBEr
Terry Kelly lives in London, ON. I think I recall seeing something on FB about him having health problems for a while, but doing much better now.

SOS is Len Jaroli or somethign like that. I think he's on my FB and still DJs once in a while.

Eryk S still DJs once in a blue moon to and I think still produces music. He tried starting a weekly on college street like a year or so ago

Tahoe

TRIBE Member
DJs that no one cares where they are: Capital J has just been banned from the USA for a year for not having a work visa when attempting to cross to play a show.

The Truth

TRIBE Member
thanks for some of the updates but I've thought of a few more..keep 'em coming!

Paul Walker
Freaky Flow
Stretch & Hooker
Unknown Souljah
NK
Steve Venom
Kamikaze
Mark Scaife
Dave Bragg

agentRC4

TRIBE Member
Where is Shams? From Peter, Tyrone and Shams?

Ahh great memories in this thread.

Ryan 7 was in Thuner Bay at one point. He was heading out west about 15 years ago when I ran into him there.