• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Toronto Dj Wants To Go Digital Needs Help

droops

TRIBE Member
Hi there. Not sure if this qualifes as "buying" or "selling" but I want to switch to Serato and need an "intern" to digitize my collection as I have a full time job as well as a fledgling label and 2-3 gigs a week and have NO TIME TO DO THIS MYSELF! Here is what I have to offer:

One crate a week needs to be swithced to wave files and backed up to CD.
I'll supply the CD's, I-key and records.

Here is the pay.
You get to keep copies of all files for your own personal use.

How's that sound?
Please don't hesitate to tell me if this is waaayy out of whack or a lame payment form either. Just an Idea.
I have about 40-50 crates and I also work for a noted importer/distributor, so there would most def be some other perks as well.
Here's hoping someone wants to get their hands on some tunes.

jasonchaos

TRIBE Promoter
droops said:
Hi there. Not sure if this qualifes as "buying" or "selling" but I want to switch to Serato and need an "intern" to digitize my collection as I have a full time job as well as a fledgling label and 2-3 gigs a week and have NO TIME TO DO THIS MYSELF! Here is what I have to offer:

One crate a week needs to be swithced to wave files and backed up to CD.
I'll supply the CD's, I-key and records.

Here is the pay.
You get to keep copies of all files for your own personal use.

How's that sound?
Please don't hesitate to tell me if this is waaayy out of whack or a lame payment form either. Just an Idea.
I have about 40-50 crates and I also work for a noted importer/distributor, so there would most def be some other perks as well.
Here's hoping someone wants to get their hands on some tunes.
would you throw in some cash as well like say 150 per crate, this is a big job.....

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

vench

TRIBE Promoter
if you really want someone to do it for free, ask some high school kid who wants to dj or wants to do something along those lines. a big job and something that will take a long time... might be hard to get someone to do it for free even though you're giving them files of music.

good luck.

Wiseman

TRIBE Member
Yeah I could do it and do it well as I have access to the right equipment but now way could I do it for some vinyl rips especially considering you haven't even let us know any info as to artist/track/labels. This is a time consuming process that occupies equipment so there would need to be some monetary compensation.

beaker

TRIBE Member
if you do get some random high school student, make sure you know exactly what they're doing and that you check their work. there's lots of ways to screw this up and that would result in a monumental waste of time.

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

droops

TRIBE Member
Labels.........hmmmm. to start:
Poker Flat
Out Of Orbit
Get Physical
Environ
GOMMA
K7
G-Stone
2020 Vision
Systematic
Eskimo

genre............
Minimal
tech house
"electro"
dubby deep disco
punkfunk

Just to start i would like a high-school kid that wants to start. I would offer $$ but don't have to offer right now (kid on the way!!!!!).
I kind of wanted to do my whole collection but with upwards of 50 crates.....maybe I should just buy my new 'ish online and gradually phase out my wax.:confused:
if you want an idea of labels I most certianly have and or CD's I could offer for trades check this site. I work for these dudes.
www.fusion3.com

Wiseman said:
Yeah I could do it and do it well as I have access to the right equipment but now way could I do it for some vinyl rips especially considering you haven't even let us know any info as to artist/track/labels. This is a time consuming process that occupies equipment so there would need to be some monetary compensation.

droops

TRIBE Member
thats just a start.
I got loads of 80's, old school, disco, funk, original funk breaks, downtempo, leftfield business, party hip hop, reggae, compilations.
If anyone has the time and wants the traxx.............................your welcome to come and look if you are tempted.
And serious.

musork

TRIBE Member
droops said:
thats just a start.
I got loads of 80's, old school, disco, funk, original funk breaks, downtempo, leftfield business, party hip hop, reggae, compilations.
If anyone has the time and wants the traxx.............................your welcome to come and look if you are tempted.
And serious.
hey I bet I know who you are (andrew? its me neil) ;)
any how yeah this is a huge job to do why dont you get see if you can get some summer student whos working at fusion to do it for you? Im sure tyhey would be into the perks and happy with just rips... in all honesty if you have a kid on the way just wait intill the kid arrives youll have tones of down time around the house for the first 12 months that your kid is here I mean all they do is eat, sleep and shit for the first year more or less and since youll be mnore or less locked into sticking around your place more often then not when your not at work just do it then your self :)

Sunshyne Jones

TRIBE Member
sometimes you can get funding to hire a summer student ... perhaps if you could arrange this thru this fusion place, that could work out. an idea.