• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Toronto Blue Jays 2005

kyfe

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by SolChild
Yeah but I posted that Garciaparra was on his way to Dunedin last week!, it was just what I heard....and now the Yanks might get him, which is too bad. I still dont see how that makes me an idiot :confused:

I'll drop it now.
my anger may have been misguided, I was really hoping we'd get nomar and you built me up only to have the jays steal my dreams

Stormshadow

TRIBE Member
Rumour of the day: Jays are interested in Pat Burrell from the Phillies, with the Philly looks to nab Miguel Batista as a setup man for Tom Gordon.

Possible trade package: Burrell for Batista/Rios/young reliever.

kyfe

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Stormshadow
Rumour of the day: Jays are interested in Pat Burrell from the Phillies, with the Philly looks to nab Miguel Batista as a setup man for Tom Gordon.

Possible trade package: Burrell for Batista/Rios/young reliever.
I don't see this happening, but i like the thought

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

agentRC4

TRIBE Member
From ESPN INSIDER
www.espn.com

Glaus to Blue Jays?

Dec 22 - Peter Gammons reports one American League GM says he "expects Troy Glaus to Toronto to happen." Boston and Baltimore have been in, but the Blue Jays were the leaders on Thursday.

nice!

but if this happens we have tooo may utility infielders. Koskie, Hillenbrand, O-Dog?

Although Koskie is Canadian I rather have Hillenbrand and O-dog.

Last edited:
tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

agentRC4

TRIBE Member
Glaus has 3 years 33 million left on his contract. They will have to unload more than O-dog and Batista no?

He would be a great bat in the middle of the order.

*SiLver*RoBoT*

TRIBE Member
Glaus for Batista and anyone else but O-Dawg....taking a huge risk on an injury prone player.

IF they do get Glaus, I'm banking that AZ eats some of his contract.

*over*and*out*

*SiLver*RoBoT*

Bernnie Federko

TRIBE Member
you would have to nuts to give up hudson. yes, he strikes out too much. but even if he couldn't hit at all, you cannot replace that glove.

JP can add power without losing him. If he could upgrade our pitching and not give up hudson, then he should be able to upgrade the bats no problem.

*SiLver*RoBoT*

TRIBE Member
Back and fourth they go:

TSN.ca

Blue Jays 'Glaus' over trade reports

The Toronto Blue Jays may once again be looking to the Arizona Diamondbacks for a slugger.

According to ESPN's Peter Gammons, the Diamondbacks and Blue Jays are on the verge of completing a trade that would send Troy Glaus and a prospect to Toronto in exchange for pitcher Miguel Batista and second baseman Orlando Hudson.

But late Thursday night, Jays general manager J.P. Ricciardi insisted to the Toronto Star that Glaus was not coming to Toronto.

"We had interest in him at one time, but nothing's going to happen with that now," Ricciardi told the newspaper. "It's not going to happen with us."

Acquiring Glaus would give the Blue Jays a surplus of players at the two infield corner positions - first baseman Lyle Overbay, third baseman Corey Koskie, Shea Hillenbrand and Eric Hinske, who can play both positions.

Glaus had 37 homers and 97 RBI's last season for Arizona, figures which would have made him the team leader in both categories on the Blue Jays, despite battling knee and back injuries. He also committed 24 errors, which would have put him second among Blue Jays infielders.

Glaus, the MVP of the 2002 World Series with Anaheim, is due to earn $32-million over the next three years in Arizona.

Batista became expendable with the signing of Ryan. Toronto's full-time closer last season, Batista saved 31 games while going 5-8 with a 4.10 ERA.

Hudson, who turned 28 earlier this month, batted .271 in 131 games, with 10 home runs and a career-high 63 RBI.

_____
AZ would need to eat a good part of that contract in order for this trade to work in favour of the Jays - but I'm still not a fan of the trade.

*over*and*out*

*SiLver*RoBoT*

vench

TRIBE Promoter
although I like Glaus' bat... I'd rather not part with a bonifide Gold Glove infielder especially since the Jays have four corner infielders as it is.

I don't get the talk about trading Hillenbrand... I feel he's a good guy to have around. Hinske will be hard to unload which is probably why they'll deal Shea first.

it would provide the Jays with a great power hitter but to give up that kind of defense...

Zorro

TRIBE Member
Great Trade for the Jays they finally get that power hitter to bat behind Wells.

Hudson is a Gold glover, and he plays second base like nobody else. However thats it thats all he brings his numbers are deciving like I have mentioned before. And truthfully Hill is going to be a better then average second baseman.

Hate to see Hillibrand gone but his numbers too are skewed do to his first two months of the season(nothing new with him) Hinske and Koskie have NO trade value. I can see Glaus playing some 3rd base and some DH specially with the fact that Koskie is such a better 3rd basemen.

Everybody likes Hudson but they Jays got something they needed more then his great great glove and that is a SERIOUS power threat. Glaus could hit 45 Home runs playing in the Centre.

*SiLver*RoBoT*

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Snapper
IF Glaus can stay healthy, this is a very good trade for the Jays.
Even still, I'd rather see the Jays go after a power OF, but you get what you take. Now they lose 2 good gloves in Koskie and Hudson. Apparently the trade is done, it's up to Glaus to waive his no-trade clause. Jays have already told Glaus 3b is his.

*over*and*out*

*SiLver*RoBoT

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

Eclipze

TRIBE Member
I like this move. Our lineup now has more consistant power 1 thru 9. I conceed that in losing Orlando you lose a gold glove at second. However, now Arron Hill will get everyday playing time at second or at his natural position at short (with Adams moving to second). It's whether or not Hill can be more consistant that Orlando at the pate (which i think he can in the long run).

Vote Quimby

TRIBE Member
Second baggers come and go. Look at Soriano. Knoblauch. I like this deal. Should be good for the Jays. 2006 will be an interesting year.

Snapper

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by *SiLver*RoBoT*
Now they lose 2 good gloves in Koskie and Hudson.
As a result of this trade, this does not necessarily make Koskie expendable. It is a possibility that they can make Glaus a full time DH as Koskie would in fact be the better glove @ 3rd. I'd say at this point, Hillenbrand/Hinske are the ones that need to leave, or maybe have Hillenbrand possibly take an outfield position.

Vote Quimby

TRIBE Member
Glaus won't waive a no trade clause to become a DH. Koskie will probably move to first if they can move Hinskie. Then again, who knows what JP has in mind.