• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Toronto Blackouts?

Klubmasta Will

TRIBE Member
Anyone experienced one yet today?

Our street had a 5 minute blackout this morning. My office building (Yonge & Richmond) had a 5 minute blackout just now, and folks are saying other buildings all the way north up to College were affected.

I wonder if all the A/C usage today will cause a larger blackout.

Klubmasta Will

TRIBE Member
it's been all good for us since this morning as well. ah well. part of me was hoping for another epic blackout caused by everyone using their a/c. i don't normally think about it after one blackout, but since my home and then work got hit within 30 minutes of each other, i thought maybe something else was up.

JamesM

TRIBE Member
Yeah I just witnessed a giant fire down at the waterfront. Not sure what happened there, but a ton of black smoke.

Just balcony arm chair watching. Looks like it's dissipating.

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

JamesM

TRIBE Member
It does look pretty hazy downtown from my balcony mid town. Where are the alien space ships.

djfear

TRIBE Member
Nothing like the server room being locked and you need to put in a ticket to restart a router or switch. Looks like no printing for one of my floors.

glych t.anomaly

TRIBE Member
Its glorious just east of leslie and north of eglinton, nicely inserted in the foliage that reaches far past the Don Valley.

I am enjoying sunshine coming in our windows , A/C is not aggresive but present to ensure swampy parts are less swampy.

I will then ride through some trails, down a side road, and not have to deal with anything but a few cars.

I have zero idea how people work downtown. I had to traverse the city last night via my car ( not by choice ) and couldnt believe the cluster fuck at 6:45pm !!!!

Its laughable.

ah well, at least its still enjoyable to ride in the city via non DEATH RELATED TRAFFIC VEINS with no cycling infrastructure.

Ah well.

C'est la Vie, if the power goes out, ill get a bigger leg work out in that normal, but it will be beautiful to soak in the view, i will listen to the city noises like the Grinch, and then go source me out a BLOC PARTY, with ice cold beerts to sell, before the fridges and kegs get to warm.

Bernnie Federko

TRIBE Member
I dunno, I drove to the gym at bay and Grosvenor from Danny and Main before work yesterday, no issue. Then parked at the green P on esplanade to hit the office. If parking wasn't 11 bucks a day, I'd do it. Instead I take the Go to/From Union, it's also fine.

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories